Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TacSol vs. Advantage Arms Glock conversion.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

TacSol vs. Advantage Arms Glock conversion.

I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to buy either an advantage arms .22 or tacsol .22 upper for my g17. For those of you who have used both or own a tacsol hop I was wondering which you would recommend ?

I am leaning towards the TacSol upper due to the higher mag capacity and the AA CS is basically non existent from what I hear.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Tacsol kit is a piece of trash...

Very few of them actually work.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    My AA kit works great. Its picky with ammo though. I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but it is a great training tool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    My AA kit works great. Its picky with ammo though. I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but it is a great training tool.
    I've only had my AA kit for a couple of months, so I've put less than a thousand rounds through it, but I've been very pleased with its reliability with CCI Mini-Mags.

I agree it's a good training tool.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a G19 AA kit, and it runs fine with Remington Golden Bullets. It is advised to follow their recommendations on preferred ammo.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My AA runs like a top with Federal bulk pack ammo from WM.

15 round mags are tempting, but from what i hear if you trim the pice under the mag on the AA or replace it you can get 13 in there. Im not concerned, 10 round at a time is fine for what I use it for and how I use it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    My AA runs like a top with Federal bulk pack ammo from WM.

Shawn, did you do anything to get yours to work with that round?
    Ii have a Tac-Sol .22 AR upper that eats Federal Bulk Pack just fine, but my AA G19 kit does not. It's not a huge issue buying two kinds of ammo, just curious if you had to do anything to get yours to work.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    This is all good information. I am surprised to hear that about the TacSol Glock conversion. That upper looks like it is really well made.

How many rounds do you have through it ?

My only hesitation with the AA kit is the lack of CS and 15 round mags but from what I remember of my friends G19 with one it ran well with certain types of ammo after a thousand rounds to break it in.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Shawn, did you do anything to get yours to work with that round?
    Ii have a Tac-Sol .22 AR upper that eats Federal Bulk Pack just fine, but my AA G19 kit does not. It's not a huge issue buying two kinds of ammo, just curious if you had to do anything to get yours to work.

Thanks!
    My AA Kit loves the Federal Automatch Bulk Pack(Beige box) but does not care for the red box HP bulk pack.

I put a 100 rounds of Federal automatch thru mine this evening along with a 100 rounds of 9mm Ball.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 08-13-12 at 21:49.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went with the Advantage Arms mainly because it locks open on an empty magazine and the ability to change out the sights to the same type I use on my carry guns.

I have about 700 rounds through it at this point and if you stay with the recommended ammo it runs very well. I don't see the 10 round mags as being an issue, and if it really bugs you there are 25 (?) round extended mags available.

All in all I am very happy with it and I'm only sorry I didn't but one years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast