Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TacSol vs. Advantage Arms Glock conversion.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Ah, that explains it. Two different types of ammo.

That Automatch works very well in my TacSol upper, I've been very pleased with the accuracy. Wally World had a good sale on it last year, and I snagged a case.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've seen a lot of great things about the AA kits on here and have been meaning to get one for a while now.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the AA kit for my G26 and have about a thousand rounds through it. It works perfectly with the AA-recommended ammo. I tried some Federal bulk-pack from Walmart (which isn't on the recommended list) and it choked. The Remington Golden Bullet works perfectly. I highly recommend the AA kit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 10-12000 rounds through my G17 AA kit, I highly recommend their kits.

Mine won't run at all with Federal, but CCI and Remington work just fine.

Feedback Score
    Not sure what the OP experience with AA CS was but mine has been great over the past 2 years.

After putting over 12K rounds thru my first kit (bought in '10) I started having what seemed like too many light strikes on RGBs. My second kit (bought in '11) only had about 7K rounds thru it and wasn't having nearly the number of light strikes.

I knew that the newer one had a more chisel shaped striker tip (older was rounded) so I thought about changing the older kit to the newer striker. I sent several emails back and forth with AA. Always answered me in less than 12 hours. Always very helpful communication re other changes in parts.

I ordered the new striker and along with it came a free recoil/guide rod assembly that they thought I should have too, after that many rounds. I'd call that good CS and a desire to have happy shooters.

Dave

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Shawn, did you do anything to get yours to work with that round?
    Ii have a Tac-Sol .22 AR upper that eats Federal Bulk Pack just fine, but my AA G19 kit does not. It's not a huge issue buying two kinds of ammo, just curious if you had to do anything to get yours to work.

Thanks!
    Nope, it just runs, and I just keep it wet.

Im using the Federal 550 count red box bulk hollow point ammo from walmart. I dont know how many thousands of rounds its seen, Ive had it for a while but I phase in and out of using it , and Ive loaned it out to friends short on ammo funds before. I mean, it is a semi .22, so dont get me wrong, it will have a stovepipe or failure to feed every now and again. But if Im seeing less that 1 failure per 100 rounds or more its more than reliable enough for my uses and it doesnt come near that.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Thats good to hear about their CS.

ITS Tactical had very different results with them and that kind of thing is a little off putting for me.

I am going to buy the AA conversion.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had the AA conversion for my old G19. It did very well with Federal Automatch and Golden Bullets.
    Round count was apx 2K.
    I would have to clean the breech face every 300 - 400 rounds with a GI nylon brush to keep it going, the usual rimfire ammo problems not withstanding.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just ordered 2 of the tacsol mags they say are made for the AA kit.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Tell us how those tacsol 15 round mags work out for the AA kit. AA was supposed to release their 15 round mags this month but I have not heard any thing about them.

I went with the AA kit and I have 225 rounds of Golden Bullet Hollow Point ammo.

Only two failure to feed this far.

This happened on the second round every time it did so it might have had something to do with how I loaded the mag. To be fair the ammo was hollow points.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast