Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TacSol vs. Advantage Arms Glock conversion.

Feedback Score
    Looks like AA has some 25 round mags now.
    http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/mer...y_Code=GLKMags

Dave

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    just bought the Advantage Arms Kit 19/23 LE for my girlfriend's G19.

I tested 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mag hollow points with no malfunctions.
    and
    I tested 70 rounds of Remington Golden Bulllet hollow points with 2 failures.

I loved it so much I bought another one for me.
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had a AA G17/22 kit that worked very well with Golden Bullets and Mini-Mags - I apologize but it's been a while so I don't have a round count.

I did find the slide had a slightly different (oversized) profile on the top edges compared to a standard 17 slide though so it was work (or may not have fit at all, again, it's been a while) getting it in and out of my duty STX 6280 holster - my only purpose in having it was to practice with .22s instead of 9mm so it was sold. I imagine leather would be more forgiving in this regard.
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an AA for my 17 and I am happy with it.

Initially it would only cycle reliably with Golden Bullets as opposed to the Federal bulk and Automatch I had on hand.

Around 2k rounds and a Gemtech Outback 2 later it will function fine with Federal bulk, CCI Minimags, Gemtech subsonic, and SK with and without the can.

Will fit in my Bladetech Eclipse and Dale Fricke holster, but not the G-code fwiw.
    Last edited by fhk96; 08-22-12 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I'd go with the AA. I ran about 2500 rounds through one on a Gen4 G17 with no real issues.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had the TacSol and I now have the AA kit. Mt TacSol was one of the first ones so I had to get a few parts changed out. I will stay with the AA kit.. I like it more. Seems to run better for me.. YMMV..

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

TacSol vs. Advantage Arms Glock conversion.

Super necro, but I finally bought a new AA kit about two weeks ago and it's friggin awesome. Got it on eBay for around $275 and have put about 300 rounds through it so far, both federal automatch or Aguila stuff. Had probably 15 or so malfunctions but it's great practice for clearing them. I'm also pretty sure every single one was caused by my thumbs on the slide. So far the biggest downside is that it comes with stock Glock style sights which I hate with a passion. I was going to put the Wilson/LAV sights on but I am just getting into shooting with a red dot and am seriously considering using an EGW dovetail mount and Vortex Venom or Viper. The only other downside is that it won't work in an ALS holster (didn't really expect it to). I wish I had bought one years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've used mine a few times now. very nice packaging, too nice.

the plink ammo I have been shooting is the Winchester M 22. feeds and cycles well, no mishaps. accuracy sucks because this stuff is just for plinking.

the match grade ammo I shoot is CCI subsonic. feed and cycle well. great accuracy.

CCI quiet 22 does not cycle. feeds with a manual rack if no malfunction occurs (shooting bolt action). must rack with vigor to prevent a manipulation induced malfunction.

CCI standard feeds and cycles. had some mishaps. I found it very strange that the Winchester M 22 would do better than CCI standard.

the Aguila super Colibri does not cycle (primer only round). will extract after being fired. can be shot bolt action if the slide is racked vigorously. sometimes manipulation induced malfunctions can occur due to short case and cone projectile.
    Last edited by trinydex; 04-25-17 at 02:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got the AA for a G19 and I really like it so far. I couldn't get any CCI Mini-Mag 40gr, or the Rem GB 40gr, so I tried everything I have in it and it had FTE's on everything. I finally found some CCI MM 40 gr and not one malfunction so far. Also, tried 100rds of the Rem GB 40gr and it runs 100% on that as well. Ordered a Threaded Barrel and 4 more 10rd mags, along with an Ameriglo .115 FO front sight (I just blacked out the rear sight with a black sharpie). I also ordered a case of CCI Blazers 40gr solids. I figure if the CCI MM 40gr works then the Blazer will too. I have about 300 rds downrange so far and I hope when the kits breaks in a little more that I will be able to shoot some of the FED and Win bulk ammo. Interesting how one kit will shoot anything and another will choke on anything but the recommended ammo.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 06-20-17 at 20:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123