Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MSBS - new Polish assault rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    CZ has established business in US. FB Radom either need to start from a scratch or find a partner. Last time they found a partner it was I.O. Inc. Should I elaborate?

Well it's their own fault. Had they partnered with Marshall Arms years back instead of dragging him along for close to a decade- they'd already be selling the rifles here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    why do all carbines look the same to me anymore?

seriously... when are we getting rail guns and plasma rifles and lasers?

someone wake me up when I can get guided projectiles for my 5# rifle.
    Ever since the SCAR and ACR were developed every first world country in the world has been trying to make their own versions.

Feedback Score
    Form follows function. Modern rifles generally answer same set of requirements.

However MSBS is not simple "clone". From very first prototypes it was designed as both classic and bulpup with maximum components interchangeability and ability to build one on armorer or even user level. All this without sacrificing actual usability (not abomination like bulpup stocks for AKs for example). And with this FB Radom succeeded, even if bulpup is formally a prototype (I shot it and it was sweet shooting rifle with great ergos). There are also innovative elements it hot barrel is retained in trunnion to allow easy exchange w/o need for special tools (torque wrench for example).

Here is a picture I took on MSPO fairs few years ago. It shows full set of components needed to assembly together MSBS in either classic or bulpup version, with or without underbarrel greande launcher and with 4 different barrel lengths, short or long handguard and fixed or adjustable stock.

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    My friend yesterday picked up first civilian MSBS (GROT S16 FB-M1) to leave FB Radom factory ever. We will be doing full review for May issue of STRZAŁpl magazine, but here is small preview.

Rifle he bought is from 1 to 100 serial number series. I does not have few features that will come later, but factory assures that it can be upgraded to this features. Most prominent one is ability to use standard AR15 semi-automatic trigger in civilian MSBS. But semi-auto version of mil-spec MSBS trigger is not so bad and allows to put on safe with hammer down. First impression: well made, quality firearm. Fit and finish are very good. Will see about how it works and how accurate it is. Rifle is rather light (around 3.5kg) and barrel is both of light profile and fluted.

FB Radom also developed own, AR15 compatible, translucent polymer magazine. It is all-polymer (like HK, unlike Lancer) and we will see how it works. I do not have high hopes but we will see...

One more detail - civilian GROT has M-Lok compatible handguard, while military ones have proprietary slots to mount rails. But M-Lok handguards are supposed to be used on military rifles down the line as well.

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    SO....SO...SO very jealous!
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    I'll take one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s marked 223 Rem not 5.56. I hope these are chambered for 5.56 NATO and just marked 223 for those countries that don’t allow civilians to own “military chambered firearms”.

I also hope Radom brings these into the US!

Feedback Score
    nice rifle.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-12-18 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    That’s beautiful, I hope the performance matches the asthetics.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    It has some teething problems, but it is surprisingly good rifle out of the box. Especially from manufacturer who basically has experience only with churning out AKs (talking about rifles).
    Montrala

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast