Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MSBS - new Polish assault rifle

Feedback Score

MSBS - new Polish assault rifle

Fabryka Broni from Radom, Poland (FB Radom) presented yesterday latest prototypes of MSBS assault rifle.

Rifle is first component of upcoming family of modular weapon system that will include rifle, carbine, sub-carbine, SPR and magazine fed automatic rifle (light machine gun) both in classic and bulpup configuration. Both configurations are designed to have about 80% parts compatibility, so some design features of presented MSBS are influenced by upcoming bulpup.

MSBS is operated by short stroke adjustable piston system with rotating bolt - operating system similar to most modern assault rifles. Externally it shows influence of SCAR or ACR. Unfortunately, due to paten process reasons picture of disassembled MSBS does not include bolt carrier with bolt. Rifle is fully ambidextrous, with both sides fire selectors, magazine release buttons, charging handles (non reciprocating, but with ability to use as forward assist), bolt release (in front of triggerguard) and user configurable direction of extraction. Only features that are "fixed direction" are right folding of stock (rifle works good with folded stock) and left opening of grenade launcher that is developed specially for MSBS.

Shooting leaves very good impression (http://youtu.be/xlZlHoSy2zQ). What is most noticeable is that rifle shoots very flat, with little to no tendency to muzzle rise (depending on grip and stance used) and is very controllable in full auto fire.

Some pictures:

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    more ACR than SCAR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    more ACR than SCAR
    Initially it was more SCAR, then it drifted into ACR-ish look during ergonomy studies and rapid prototyping.

BTW Selector is 45dgr for semi and 90dgr for full auto. Actual selector shape needs still some working, they overdid it in way that makes in hard to operate back to safe or from full auto to semi.
    Last edited by montrala; 08-15-12 at 17:17.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That looks really interesting.
    Initial impression only, but good job Poland.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    That looks really interesting.
    Initial impression only, but good job Poland.
    Thanks. My impressions are also very good. But there are still issues to work out. For example good thing is QD sling attachment sockets on rend of stock and end of lower receiver (for 1 point), but there is none in front on handguard. Top of gas block is uncovered, because "it look good to have angled end of handguard" - come on! Charging handle needs to be enlarged or made folding or angled down - in current configuration any optics mount on rail above charging handle travel will interfere with rapid operation of charging handle. And so goes. This and other suggestions were discussed with me with managers and constructors from factory. I also forgot to mention that it is not very heavy. Empty rifle weights about 7.9lb

Prototypes that we were shooting were finished literally overnight before demonstration. We shot several hundreds of rounds with each in very short time, including full mag dumps. Everybody was very impressed. When rifles became very hot, we had some two or three stoppages. Those were stovepipes - carrier catch spent case on feeding. Ejector springs probable need to be stiffer.

Weak points? One for sure is magazine - it uses AR15 mag, due to popularity. But it for sure is not best magazine for reliability (but Lancers L5 AWM used did not skip a beat). Also magazine did not drop free. Other weak points will probably came out during more in depth testing.

I can say, that this rifle looks too good to be true. But I hope it will survive.
    Last edited by montrala; 08-15-12 at 17:40.
    Montrala

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What about the grenade launcher? Any info on it? It seems backwards to me.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Wow.

That bears a strong resemblance to the ACR.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    To my eyes it looks closer to the original Masada prototype. It seems to have a a left handed ejection port and deflector.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-15-12 at 21:19.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    To my eyes it looks closer to the original Masada prototype. It seems to have a a left handed ejection port and deflector.
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    User configurable direction of extraction.
    Options are nice without having to change parts!

Feedback Score
    why do all carbines look the same to me anymore?

seriously... when are we getting rail guns and plasma rifles and lasers?

someone wake me up when I can get guided projectiles for my 5# rifle.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast