Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ Fires Out-Of-Battery with Improper Magazine (??)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    Hey guys, you can take it for what it is.

My friend owns the range where I shoot, has run matches for years, and is an accomplished shooter and gunsmith. The round went kaboom, likely from a corner of the feed lip impacting the primer. It happened, whether you want to believe it or not.

You can take the info for what it's worth. If you don't want to believe it happened, then drive on. I'm not trying to spread rumors, just giving a heads-up to PPQ owners.

If you shoot a PPQ, you might want to stick with factory mags. Then again, you might not. More power to you.

If I'm not mistaken it was a Magnum Research mag.
    We can now welcome a new tribe of koolaid drinkers to the confederation. My flavor is Glock but that's old school now.

Maybe it was the ammo's fault.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Not to be a dick but there is no other way to say it this info is useless ! Some guy said bla bla bla you were better of not posting it at all with the lack of first hand knowledge.
    Disagree. The round popped at the tap of a tap rack bang. That alone is newsworthy; regardless of known cause or what pistol was involved.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-19-12 at 10:51.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Shooter is out of town. Will try to update with pics and whatnot upon his return, though it will be a few days.

One other possibilty is, that he was using a early P-99 mag in it, the early P-99 mags have a different feed lip that is about 1/16th or so higher that the PPQ mag
    Got a text from him—he thinks it was a P99 mag but isn't positive. He's going to confirm on his return. If so, that will lend some credence to the scenario, considering the differences in the mags.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    I was not there when this happened and discussed it with him only briefly, so I apologize that I do not have all the details.
    This isn't direct bash against you but this used to be a site where people did not post until they knew all the details firsthand.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 08-19-12 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    This isn't direct bash against you but this used to be a site where people did not post until they new all the details firsthand.
    Yeah, I hate that I have to have the first post that wasn't direct, firsthand information. Hard to believe it's gone this long without it happening.

Next best to firsthand, though, is straight from the horse's mouth. So, at least we have that.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No damage to the gun or shooter constitutes a "ka-boom" huh?

I'm about to head to the range and put 200 or so in-battery ka-booms down my PPQ.

Photos, first hand, or SSHHHhhhhhh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    This isn't direct bash against you but this used to be a site where people did not post until they new all the details firsthand.
    That died an awfully long time ago.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    That died an awfully long time ago.
    Unfortunately it wasn't the only thing that died.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    No damage to the gun or shooter constitutes a "ka-boom" huh?

I'm about to head to the range and put 200 or so in-battery ka-booms down my PPQ.

Photos, first hand, or SSHHHhhhhhh.
    Me too, I'm packing my shit up right now.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    At best, this would seem to be a case of operator error -- not a fault on the part of the Walther. Until we know more (for certain), there is very little here that warrants any further discussion.

AC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast