Thread: Tier 1 Instructor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tier 1 Instructor

How would you define / characterize a Tier 1 Instructor (as opposed to top tier)? Is it their reputation and years of instruction or the fact that they have taught Tier 1 Operators (Delta & DevGru although Intelligence Support Activity is also added at times as well as some of the overseas units like SAS, SBE, etc.).

In the absence of certification or standards is it too loose a term? Is it all too subjective?

I know Paul Howe whom I respect greatly calls himself a Tier 1 Senior Instructor (I know about his experience as a Tier 1 Operator).

Even if subjective, who would you call a "Tier 1 Instructor"?

Addendum on 8.21.2012 at 17:32 PT:

This will help me in my training.

I've taken courses with the following:

ITTS, TFTT, Falcon Operations Group, Chris Costa, GPS Defense, TAC-1, Blackwater, Rob Haught, TASC, Suarez, and some others.

However, I really started improving once I started training with the following since November 2010:

Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers, Jason Falla, Jeff Gonzales, TigerSwan, Mike Pannone, Pat McNamara, JD Potynsky (with Kyle Defoor and Frank Proctor coming up in September and October respectively).

So, I'm looking for more instructors like the latter group including Kyle Lamb and Paul Howe.
    Last edited by RamZar; 08-21-12 at 19:33. Reason: Expansion on purpose...
    Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
    - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military