Thread: Thoughts on my TT Mini-MAV?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Thoughts on my TT Mini-MAV?

The other day I managed to pick up a like new Tactical Tailor Mini-MAV that came with a TT triple 20rd mag shingle and two mystery-maker pistol mag pouches.

I was thinking of redoing the setup to be sort of like the OSOE Micro Rig but maybe with two AR mags instead of four and add an HSGI Bleeder pouch or some sort of low profile utility pouch. Any thoughts?
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depends on intended use. Whatcha gonna use this for? Not saying that to be an ass. There are many mission types and each drives an optimal setup for the user.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice looking rig though.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Falcon, no problem. I should know better to post in the wee hours of the morning.

It's going to be used for training, maybe 3-gun, etc.

I did some dry runs yanking out mags in simulated reloads and actually took it out to the range yesterday afternoon. It performed well except the left most magazine needs to be pulled out towards the middle magazine when using Pmags.

I've got the pouches stuffed with Pmags to hopefully get them to strech out a bit since it looks pretty much new. (It's still got the inspector's sticker on it.) I'll use it in it's current setup for now until I can figure out exactly how I want it. As I said in my OP, I like the OSOE Micro rigs and might like to replicate one in a thinner setup.

ETA: I'm also not 100% sure where the rig should be worn on the torso. I'm currently wearing it with the bottom of the rig about a couple of inches above my navel.
    Last edited by halo2304; 09-04-12 at 20:43.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your idea of shaking it down with some range time is right on. 3gun means you probably have pistol mags on your belt? Might not need/want them on rig then.

Might try shifting the rifle mags toward your weak side. Looks like that would put two open channels together and that'll support a bleeder or small GP pouch.

I tend to wear mine just high enough to not interfere with my belt. I don't like feeling like my rifle mags are right under my chin.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    That's a nice setup you got there. I haven't done 3-gun yet, but if you want to shave off some weight try looking at Blue Force Gear's Helium Whisper pouches.

As Falcon pointed out you'll probably be having pistol magazine pouches on your belt anyways so you wouldn't need the MOLLE shingles as much as something lighter in weight.

Now that I think of it the Mini-MAV is pretty much one of the few micro MOLLE rigs out there.

I used to have an OSOE Micro Rig, and while it's a great rig it's significantly bulkier than what you have. So if you redid it with that in mind you'd really have something significantly different than the Mini-MAV.

What you suggested (2 rifle magazines and the HSGI Bleeder) would be doable given the amount of space on the Mini.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The current setup is nice and the previous owner certianly kept in mind not to bog it down with too much stuff. I defintely want to keep with this theme.

I've done a few 3-gun matches at my local range. They tend to be pistol-heavy. If I were going to set this up for 3-gun, put the two pistol mags to the left, the rifle mags on the right and add shotgun shell holders to the front of the rifle mag pouches.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-