Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Thigh Holster: 1 strap VS 2 strap

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Safariland Thigh Holster: 1 strap VS 2 strap

Can't decide which to go with...1 strap or 2 strap. I do know the 1 strap design is shorter.

Am I missing anything else? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?
    Last edited by DontCome2MyHouse; 08-24-12 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What type of mission/assigment, etc. are you planning on using it for?
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Depends on how low you plan on wearing it. If you wear it high on your hip, single strap would be better. With the two strap you may find the upper strap invading your "personal" space.

In my humble opinion, the higher you wear a leg rig, the better.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Are you a Female? = NO - Go with the one strap. Your nut will appreciate the concern over his welfare.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 08-24-12 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    When someone says "thigh holster" I can't help but think of something made of lace holding a derringer.

A drop leg should be used to lower the holster enough to bypass armor and other equipment. With less-bulky armor carriers out there the need for a drop leg is diminishing other than for CDI. Using it in a vehicle blows balls.

Wear it as high as you can and still bypass armor.

As was asked earlier, your intended use would help with suggestions.

If we are only limited to the one or two strap choices then the one strap all the way. IMO the two straps are beyond obsolete.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Amen to Swatcop556's post. In our group we are in plain clothes day to day. We only wear a duty belt when kitted up for an operation. Over the last several years most of us started with the 2 strap Safariland 6004. We started hiking them up as high as possible. Then we removed the top strap. Some of us even cut the leg piece making it shorter and using one strap. Then the one strap version came out (I believe it was originally made for a taser drop holster).

Now many of us (myself included) have ditched leg straps altogether. We use the UBL to offset the holster. It's much closer to our normal draw from our concealed holsters and the gun is still vertical when seated. Honestly I don't know why anyone uses a drop holster that straps to the leg anymore.

Occasionally I see a LEO at the range or an operation with a drop leg that is so low they have to dip to one side to even reach it. It's not only awkward and slow on the draw, it's more difficult to protect from a mope. I used to suggest they raise it but no matter how tactful I did they would get all pissy. Some people are just too dense I guess.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've found that this setup works great.
    http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secu...-for-mid-ride/

Feedback Score
    Personally, I like the two strap. When the situation requires a drop leg, I want it on my thigh, not my, er, "upper thigh." That being said, if I need it as high, as it would be, with a single strap, I wear it on my belt.

I kind of roll my eyes, at the guys that have removed the top strap, and "modified" the shroud, with a Dremel tool. They've went to a lot of trouble, and to me it says, I'd be better off with a belt holster, but I want to look cool. I think people are eventually going to go, with a dropped belt mount.
    Last edited by Lone_Ranger; 09-03-12 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but frankly it has jack to do with looking cool. YMMV
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    I've found that this setup works great.
    http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secu...-for-mid-ride/
    Ill second this. Works very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast