Thread: Physical cutaway AR model

Feedback Score

Physical cutaway AR model

I'd like to get a cutaway AR model. Materials don't need to be correct, plastic or something would be fine, but I'd like shapes to be roughly correct. Does anyone make one? I could build an AR with the cheapest parts I can find (likely worn out/somewhat broken - cracked locking lugs and shot-out bore aren't a problem), and hack it up, but if anyone knows of a model I'd prefer that.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If you look hard enough you can find one. I remember Fidelis having a Colt cutaway upper for sale not to long ago. Google is your friend.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LAV has a DD that Joe Barnsfather at Superior Firearms cut away and highlighted. It is easily the nicest one I have ever seen.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damn... After seeing the price on the one lysander posted, might be cheaper to buy one and have a machinist mill the areas you want to display away.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Damn... After seeing the price on the one lysander posted, might be cheaper to buy one and have a machinist mill the areas you want to display away.
    And a better display....

Feedback Score
    Yeah, for $5k+ shipped I'm not buying a display like that. Instead, I'd build a cheap one with worn out parts and cut it apart myself. If I screwed that one up I'd get another and maybe have a machinist do it... or I'd buy a decent manual mill used and do it myself, and still be out less money.

Even if I bought all new parts I could put something crappy together for $500. Doesn't need to be good parts if it's just to see how things work.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Gunplumber (T. Mark Graham) at Arizona Response Systems has done them.

Feedback Score