Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Troy Delta Battle Rail shipping - Any feedback?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    Could someone tell me which has a stronger mounting system, the Troy Delta BattleRail or the Daniel Defense Omega Rail?

Thanks.

Joe Mamma

I have both the Troy Delta and a DD Omega. Both mount around and to the barrel nut.
    The Omega is held in place by 4 set screws that press against the face of the barrel nut and by the upper and lower halves of the handguard. It is solid enough for rough use IMHO and I have never had one work loose.
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ctorial-review

The Troy uses two plates that rest on top of the barrel with threaded holes in them that wedge themselves under the barrel nut and barrel. You position them so that the holes are roughly the 2 - 4 and 8 -10 o'clock positions. The handguard halves goes over the barrel nut and screws go through the handguard halves into these plates. The Troy contacts more surface area than the Omega but it actually comes in contact with the barrel. Granted it is immediately infront of the barrel nut and should not impart much in the way of flex into the barrel. The Omega only comes into contact with the barrel nut.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1550834

I think the Troy is a more sturdy way to do this but both are a compromise for not having to cut the Delta Ring and spring off your rifle.

I am having a difficult time getting use to it the longer I have the Troy. The tubular shape just is not for me. I am going to sell it to fund a CASV which I have used in the past and really like.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 05-25-13 at 14:03.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    I have the DD Omega on a BCM and the Troy Delta Rail on an LMT. My friend has a Delta Rail on a Spikes.

From our experience of the 3 rails, the DD Omega is much more rigid mounting than the Troy Delta. If you hold onto the barrel and try to flex the rail it's fairly easy for it touch the bayonet lug on either of the Troy's. The DD barely moves at all. I actually spoke to Troy about this and they said the Delta rail is not as rigid mounting as the Alpha. I have an Alpha and I'd have to agree (user installed). We went over the mounting with Troy to make sure we weren't screwing it up and it seems correct. This is sample size of 3 so ymmv.
    Last edited by LeftThumb; 06-12-13 at 01:27.

Feedback Score

Troy Delta Battle Rail shipping - Any feedback?

In your experience was the amount of flex enough to effect the zero in the course of normal use?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    In your experience was the amount of flex enough to effect the zero in the course of normal use?
    I shot a Vickers course this week, with this rail on my 6920, and I don't feel that it affected my zero at all. My technique was the limiting factor, not the rail.
    I only see the flex being an issue if you have the exposed barrel resting on something independent of the rail.
    While I'm quite new to all of this, I was very pleased with it.
    Last edited by sva01; 06-15-13 at 11:26. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    We haven't noticed any zero change but we haven't done any precision work with it either.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Alright, got the rail installed (after 1st Army finished T.I. it) haven't shot with it yet, won't until I get in country in a few weeks, but here is a pic of the gun pretty much all set up. sorry about the kind of dark, blurry cell phone pic.

Last edited by rero360; 06-17-13 at 19:32.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bumping this old thread to ask about shorter barrels and this type of rail. How short can a fellow go and still make proper use of a 51T flash hider and AAC suppressor?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Dont have any AAC FHs anymore but do have a delta mid length on a 16" Noveske and can take measurements tonight.

Not much left with the mid, the carbine gas probably has much more room to shorten the barrel.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Bumping this old thread to ask about shorter barrels and this type of rail. How short can a fellow go and still make proper use of a 51T flash hider and AAC suppressor?
    You need .75 inches clearance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On a carbine length gas system with a GI front sight base, how short can I cut the barrel and still use the 51T? Is a 12.5" barrel too short?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast