Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Delta Battle Rail shipping - Any feedback?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Here's pics of mine before I sold it :-( :

And here is how she was sold:

Definitely a great rail. The next carbine length rail that I buy will be this one again for sure.
    Last edited by masakari; 04-14-13 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked one up the other week, as standard Troy quality, flawless. I haven't installed it yet as I'm off to another base conducting some training for the upcoming deployment and my carbine was sent off to maits to get a few little things fixed, bolt catch spring was weak and likely broken, safety selector switch reall tight and gritty, and I asked for them to remove the front sling mount. Hopefully the carbine is all ready for me when I get back in about a week, plan on installing the rail along with my PEQ 15, and weapon light if they've come in yet. I'll take some pics and post them up once I get a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I put a Delta Rail on my Colt 6920. So far I like it. Locks up very tight and solid. Ran a few rounds through it and so far so good. It adds a good balance to the rifle and is not heavy. I am undecided on whether or not I prefer it over the VLTOR CASV-EL. I do like the fact that I can use an MBUS with it. The CASV is not compatible with the MBUS. I also like that I can use my iron sights with this and my Eotech. The CASV makes the optic sit so high as to make the irons unusable without removing the opic.
    I just need to get use to the round shape.

Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 04-24-13 at 21:22.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    I picked one up the other week, as standard Troy quality, flawless. I haven't installed it yet as I'm off to another base conducting some training for the upcoming deployment and my carbine was sent off to maits to get a few little things fixed, bolt catch spring was weak and likely broken, safety selector switch reall tight and gritty, and I asked for them to remove the front sling mount. Hopefully the carbine is all ready for me when I get back in about a week, plan on installing the rail along with my PEQ 15, and weapon light if they've come in yet. I'll take some pics and post them up once I get a chance.
    Any updates on the rail? Or does anyone else have firsthand experience that they would like to share?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No update yet, I'm back from that particular training but I fall under 1st Army at the moment and they are being super anal about weapon mods, my LTC had swapped his pistol grip, they didn't know it was his rifle, and wanted to know who's it was so they could give the offending soldier an Article 15.

Thus, I haven't installed the rail yet and looks like I won't until we get out form under 1st Army's command (retarded I know) I tried to put it on in the barracks just to see how it looked and felt but I couldn't get it installed without taking off the front sling swivel and have kept that on to keep 1st Army from jumping up my ass on that.

Total FUBAR

We shall see how they react when we start training in full kit and I show up in my PIG instead of the KDH abomination or the IOTV they issued to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom frost View Post
    Any updates on the rail? Or does anyone else have firsthand experience that they would like to share?
    I too am interested.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom frost View Post
    i've had one on for almost a year. what do you want to know?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 28003 View Post
    i've had one on for almost a year. what do you want to know?
    Hi. In a nutshell, I'm wondering if you had it to do over again, would you choose the Troy Delta again.

Has the mount been solid and reliable?

And if so, does that include sling use (I mean, is the mount solid enough to allow tension to be applied to an attached sling without compromising the hand guard's stability).

ETA: Also, did you see any notable improvements in accuracy?
    Last edited by tom frost; 04-28-13 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Do you know by any chance how much it weights?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'll be so glad when the tube fad is behind us, Boys!..
    I agree, A1 style hand guards for the win.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast