Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
The AUG A3 gets 4.5 out of 5 stars from me. Holy shit. I'm glad I never spent much time with one prior to the A3 being available, because I would have had a jones that would never have been satisfied. I haven't been as impressed with a rifle since the SCAR 17.

OAL is the same as my 10.5" AR with the stock completely collapsed, and blast-wise it's much more pleasant to fire. With an Aimpoint PRO with the spacer taken out, it comes up and on target for me like it was surgically grafted onto my arm. Yes, the trigger is not so good - but neither are Glock triggers, and I can shoot the hell out of them. I found that if I ignore the fact that it doesn't feel like a Geissele and just shoot, it is capable of shooting excellent groups.

I would advise that anyone who thinks they might want one to get some trigger time on an A3. You'll either like it or you won't, but you ought to find out while they're still available. I'm just worried I won't be able to get ANOTHER one before shit goes sideways. PJsSteyrAUG has PLENTY of spare parts available, and magazines are all over the net in the $15-20 range.

I've added a VCAS and Aimpoint PRO, along with an X300 on the right rail (tapeswitch inbound). I'm working up some manipulation drills for it, and naturally I'm not as smooth as with the M4 yet.

The 16" version fits in an Eberlestock Secret Weapon like it was made for it, and with a 42 round mag in place that's a lot of hate to have on tap quickly.

It's not going to the head of the line for me as a go-to yet, but damn it, I could see it happening.

S-25 or S-34 Eberlestock secret weapon? I am thinking of picking up the S-25 and keeping the barrel removed in the case.