Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score
    Before everyone condemns Sabres' AUG barrels mine shoots WAY more accurate than my 1/7 FN FS2000 which both shoots same ammo and are both bullpups and both have a Micro Aimpoint on them (apples to apples).

The 1/9 Sabre will shoot all 20 rounds of Winchester Q3131A Israeli 55 grain or M855 62 grain and Lake City Arsenal 55 grain into 1.25 to 1.5" at 50 yards with just the Aimpoint.
    I shoot at 2" black squares and it will even come close with Silver Bear cheap steel cased. It also shoots 75 grain HP's with no problems, where some 1/9 AR's don't.
    The bore is hard chromed on mine too, it has been 100% reliable.
    And the new guns cost more than I paid and come with one mag, mine came with 2 mags and a nice assault case that I use for it and the FS2K.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sent my money to Pete and now I'm just awaiting my prize in the mail

Feedback Score
    Congrats. I hope I get the email from him soon saying "send money".

I saw an AUG in a shop this week for $2300. I asked if it was a new one with a Sabre or a Vltor receiver. He said "yes", so I didn't pursue it.
    Last edited by Barry in IN; 09-06-12 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is great. With all the valuable AUG info in this thread maybe it should be an AUG sticky!!!
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 09-06-12 at 23:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Perhaps the FN-made barrels will be better, but I would not worry about the Sabre made barrels.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Barry,
    Pete's price is much better. The only reason mine was more was because I bought the left handed bolt with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post

I was debating on a scar 16 vs 17, but now I might buy one of my favorite rifles from Die Hard. Good to hear that some people have run them in classes. Do AUG magazines work in blue force gear's M4 Fastmags? If they do, I could Use it at a class or in a 3 gun match for fun.

Thanks!
    If you're referring to the Blue Force Gear ten-speed pouches, yes, they should. The FastMag is a separate, specific product made by ITW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    All roads lead to $1500. - Me, with regards to AR system builds, whether homebrew or off-the-shelf.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bondmid003 View Post
    Barry,
    Pete's price is much better. The only reason mine was more was because I bought the left handed bolt with it.
    Yeah, there was a fleeting temptation just because it was actually there in front of me. It didn't last more than a millisecond, though, and it passed. I went straight into "screw them and their overpriced AUG", which was probably a mistake because then I didn't even look at it and I wish now I had taken the chance to do so.
    Him not knowing who made it or when had me ready to go anyway.
    Last edited by Barry in IN; 09-07-12 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    I got the call...um, email, from Pete earlier this morning. He has a shipment on the way from Steyr.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm curious if the CQC rail couldn't be retrofitted to a standard A3 without a great deal of angst later on. Granted, I've got no problem waiting for the CQC, but isn't the forward rail section the only practical difference between the two? I suppose the top rail could be affected as well, but still ...

AC

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast