Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score
    Has anyone experience with the Tavor X95? I would love to see a comparison of the two. Also when is the X95 coming to American markets, as well as MSRP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil View Post
    Has anyone experience with the Tavor X95? I would love to see a comparison of the two. Also when is the X95 coming to American markets, as well as MSRP?
    I touched one two or three weeks ago. I think he was saying May 2013.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The X95 and the IWI TAR-21 that is set to be available here are two different beasts. If memory serves, the earlier abortive Barrett offering looked not too dissimilar to the X95... Which no one wanted.

I would guess an X95-alike will be a year or two down the road, provided that the TAR-21 is a success. Which I think it will be.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil View Post
    Has anyone experience with the Tavor X95? I would love to see a comparison of the two. Also when is the X95 coming out as well as MSRP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The X95 and the IWI TAR-21 that is set to be available here are two different beasts. If memory serves, the earlier abortive Barrett offering looked not too dissimilar to the X95... Which no one wanted.

I would guess an X95-alike will be a year or two down the road, provided that the TAR-21 is a success. Which I think it will be.

There wasn't much I could found out about it even on the IWI site itself, but what is a good "peek in the window" I've found was on KitUp:

http://kitup.military.com/2012/10/x9...-kit-5-45.html

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to make this cali legal featureless.
    Can you easily remove the folding handle on the barrel? (as in completely detach it from the barrel)

Don't have an in person experiences with the aug.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbsmarine View Post
    I'm trying to make this cali legal featureless.
    Can you easily remove the folding handle on the barrel? (as in completely detach it from the barrel)

Don't have an in person experiences with the aug.
    Thanks
    Sure you can, just tap out the roll pin and the grip comes right off!

Pete Athens

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Just be sure to put your knee or something in the way, because the grip cap will come flying off as soon as the pin is pushed through!

Also:

As previously mentioned, the rail system is completely solid. To remove it, all you do is push a captive pin through, rotate it 180 degrees and then firmly but gently push the rail forward, off the weapon. The rail is so finely machined that it is quite tight, but not so tight as to need anything other than a pair of Mk1 Mod 0 hands.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-20-12 at 16:16. Reason: Redundant verbiage reduced.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I picked up my A3 CQC from my LGS tonight. It feels great and looks amazing. Thank you Pete for getting this out as quickly as you did. Ready to put a few hundred rounds though it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by r10tm4k3r View Post
    I picked up my A3 CQC from my LGS tonight. It feels great and looks amazing. Thank you Pete for getting this out as quickly as you did. Ready to put a few hundred rounds though it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    So, it sounds like the CQC models are ready. Does your CQQ have a Vltor stock?

Let's hope that I'm high enough on the waiting list to get a call from Pete this week.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I looked at an A3 CQC at the gun show that was marked Steyr/Sabre, and it used an AR magazine. Is this the same gun?

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast