Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I looked at an A3 CQC at the gun show that was marked Steyr/Sabre, and it used an AR magazine. Is this the same gun?
    Our 1st batch of NATO CQCs went out Friday, don't think they have been delivered yet.

Did it look like this one minus the scope?

Pete Athens

Last edited by PjsSteyrAUG; 10-21-12 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Sensei: If you don't, I know where you can get one....

QuietShootr: Sounds like it. Just a NATO stock model, instead of the standard AUG A3 stock.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

How does the barrel swap out on the CQC with the quad rail added?
    Chris Bowers
    Bowers Tactical
    http://www.bowerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAttackPorcupine View Post
    How does the barrel swap out on the CQC with the quad rail added?
    To quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    As previously mentioned, the rail system is completely solid. To remove it, all you do is push a captive pin through, rotate it 180 degrees and then firmly but gently push the rail forward, off the weapon. The rail is so finely machined that it is quite tight, but not so tight as to need anything other than a pair of Mk1 Mod 0 hands.

Once you have the tri-rail fore-end off, you simply remove the barrel the same way you would any other AUG variation: Lock the bolt open, twist the knob, twist the barrel and pull the barrel out the 'front' of the weapon system.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-21-12 at 12:30.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So, it sounds like the CQC models are ready. Does your CQQ have a Vltor stock?

Let's hope that I'm high enough on the waiting list to get a call from Pete this week.
    No, mine was a Sabre manufactured receiver. I was kind of glad, as I live in Nashville, to have my AUG marked with Nashville TN. And from what I understand, there is no difference between the 2 receivers, since Vltor used the same casts. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The Vltor and Sabre receivers are machined to the same specs. The only difference is in the markings.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Sensei: If you don't, I know where you can get one....
    PM sent
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone who have contacted Mr. Athens or just know in general if the CQC rail is being sold separately as of NOW? I've read it somewhere in this thread but as one can see the thread is very long.
    "Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo malum" ~Psalm 23:04

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate" ~Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge, the CQC rail is not available by itself at the moment.

I would imagine that they will be once they run out of fill-able CQC orders, though, particularly once the dry spell hits.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping to be contacted by Pete this week or next one to get my CQC!
    "Try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself." - AW

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast