Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score

FN Barrel

I've wanted a PS90 for a long time and given the current political climate I decided I better get it done. But then I read about the ammo shortage and decided to re-evaluate my choice. After much reading I settled on the CQC and got on the waiting list a couple weeks ago.

A local store has an older AUG A3 SA USA with numbers 1USAxxx. I'm wondering what the major differences are. I understand that the new model has a new FN barrel but what does that really mean to a novice such as myself? Is it more accurate? More durable? Something else maybe? Are there other things with this gun to be concerned about besides the barrel?

I'm not a collector. This is going to replace my varmint hunting gun. Maybe I should get the older gun and add the CQC rail later. A "bird in the hand" and all that. However, since this will be my one and only "assault" type gun, I want to be sure that I'm happy with my purchase. That's why I'm adding the CQC. Not because I need it, but because it's cool and I want this gun to be all it can be So I might be disappointed if I don't have the latest and greatest. Money is not an issue.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsoden View Post
    I've wanted a PS90 for a long time and given the current political climate I decided I better get it done. But then I read about the ammo shortage and decided to re-evaluate my choice. After much reading I settled on the CQC and got on the waiting list a couple weeks ago.

A local store has an older AUG A3 SA USA with numbers 1USAxxx. I'm wondering what the major differences are. I understand that the new model has a new FN barrel but what does that really mean to a novice such as myself? Is it more accurate? More durable? Something else maybe? Are there other things with this gun to be concerned about besides the barrel?

I'm not a collector. This is going to replace my varmint hunting gun. Maybe I should get the older gun and add the CQC rail later. A "bird in the hand" and all that. However, since this will be my one and only "assault" type gun, I want to be sure that I'm happy with my purchase. That's why I'm adding the CQC. Not because I need it, but because it's cool and I want this gun to be all it can be So I might be disappointed if I don't have the latest and greatest. Money is not an issue.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

FYI, this is the DEFINITION of an "assault" type weapon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-CL...eature=mh_lolz

As far as the barrels go, maybe, yes, and I don't know about the last part. The FN barrels still come in 1:9" twist, which is not a + but everything else about it is or seems promising.
    Last edited by Civil; 01-01-13 at 11:40.
    "Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo malum" ~Psalm 23:04

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate" ~Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsoden View Post
    I would get it if you like it--especially in the current environment.

The FN Barrels are nice, but the previous Sabre barrel was just fine. I put over 1000 malfunction free rounds through an evaluation copy made by Sabre. I managed some 5 shot groups in the 1.5" to the 1.75" range from prone with using Black Hills 55 grains and 1-3 power Leupold CQC optic.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I recently emailed Pete at www.pjs-steyraug.com to get some info on ordering an AUG, but havent heard back yet...I'm sure he's swamped!

In the mean time I thought I'd ask here...what is the going rate for an AUG A3? How about if I add the CQC? And does anyone have any idea on the wait if I were to order through Pete?

I've wanted a bullpup for years and the AUG was the only one I ever wanted...and as mentioned above, I figured if I'm going to get one I better grab one now. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I picked up a CQC model from Pete a few months ago. At that time they were running $2250. I know his website has all his prices listed out. Usually if there is no price next to an item on his site, he is out of stock.

I was right where you were about always wanting an AUG, and I am very pleased with the A3, excellent machine.

Good luck finding one.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I just saw that PJS is selling his CQC prototypes on gunbroker. They are at about $2400-2700. Not sure where they will end up, but there were ony a total of 160 CQC made and these are the prototypes.

Feedback Score
    thank god, the MSAR's suck

Feedback Score
    Those prototypes went for 6k+ (!!!)
    Going rate on GB seems to be 3k +/- a bit.
    I saw at least one company (not PJs) seems to be selling off their stock instead of filling orders at a nice markup..buy it now at $4500 :-/

PJ is hoping for more coming in soon, but the waiting list is long and with a lot of unknowns right now, I picked one up NIB via personal sale after getting fed up w/GB. $2900 w/one mag...hopefully going to get to shoot it this weekend.

For the time being, I have a PA M3 clone + FTS 3x magnifier on it, waiting to work out BUIS yet.

Feedback Score
    I hope I can get a 20" barrel. Even better would be a 16" in 300BLK barrel...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungarian_Legionnaire View Post
    Have you tried the "Nue-Trigger" for the Steyr/ M.S.A.R. AUG/ STG-556? It REALLY does make a difference & I'm sure that there are many AUG owners on here that can contest to that, I can. As you can see on the site it's a $30 piece of stainless steel that is highly polished that goes in the trigger pack, & over the sear so that the plastic sear & hammer is not rubbing plastic to plastic, but polished stainless steel to plastic which makes for a MUCH smoother trigger pull & drops the 10Lb+ trigger pull down 3 to 4Lbs & eliminates "Stacking" through ought the entire trigger pull. Maybe it's something you & your wife can upgrade on you're AUG's they install in literally a minuet with only pliers & makes a night & day difference... But if that still doesn't help & you're wife can't get use to the weight of her AUG I'd be interested in buying it

Hope this helps, Neu-Trigger also makes a "Neu-Trigger" for a FNH FS2000 which helps the trigger just as much as the AUG, this is the single best accessory for both the Steyr AUG & FNH FS2000!

...I'm working with the owner of Neu-Trigger to produce a "Neu-Trigger" for the upcoming Tavor TAR-21, so look forward to a smoother, lighter trigger pull for the Tavor TAR-21 soon after it is released.

http://www.neu-trigger.com
    Can you tell me more about the neu-trigger? Or take some pictures?

I went to their website and my nose smells BS. Lines like, you will get a link to a video on the installation one you have made a purchase just smells like a con job.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast