Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steyr AUG A3 (vltor)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skang View Post
    package deal sound better, what is the standard a3 look like? just top rail right? no extended front rail.
    That's how I'm taking it. This is the pic from his site showing the package deal when they were using the Sabre receivers. I would assume nothing changed with the new, current production ones (except the receiver source):

Here is how the extras with the package break down, based on the prices on his site for the items bought separately:
    30-rd mag: $30
    Cleaning kit: $25
    Sling: $29
    Muzzle cap: $15
    I don't see the case listed on his site, but it is on the Steyr USA site for $49.95.

So basically, you are buying the case and getting the rest for free.
    Or, getting $148.95 worth of stuff for $50.

I don't really need the muzzle cap and would never buy one. I doubt I'll ever use the sling or cleaning kit, but think they would be neat toys to have to go with it and might possibly have bought them for that reason. What the hell, a spare cleaning kit is never a bad thing to have around.
    If I'm getting all of this for the cost of a case I would want anyway, or only $20 more than the mag I'm definitely buying, hey, I'll take it.

It does make me wonder who is going to spend $1950 on one of these but draw the line at $2000 for the extras. Maybe if they have an AUG and a pile of mags and accessories, but I wonder even then.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got the package deal as well because of the extra mag and the case. Pete is also going to set it up for left handed use out of the box.
    Last edited by bondmid003; 09-02-12 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spr1 View Post
    Not to be a party pooper, but don't these have about a 10 lb trigger pull? The couple I played with decades ago sure did.
    I'm not sure of the exact weight, but it is a lot heavier than an AR or even SCAR. It is a characteristic of most bullpup designs (except the DTA platform), and my FS2000 definitely leaves a lot to be desired in this department.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I also ordered one via Pete. I've always been fascinated by the AUG (thanks in part to a youth spent watching Miami Vice and Die Hard). Considering that the AUG was banned in the 90s and I missed out on the first Sabre run, I feel like I missed two opportunities to own one, and decided I wasn't going to miss this one.
    “Shooting a gun projects your personal will across time and space in a flash. I want to hit that and that is hit. Straight from your mind to the physical world. Talk about your PowerPoint presentations.” --Don Winslow, Savages

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The CQC uses a 18" barrel.
    I stand corrected - according to the CQC page on Pete Athens website, the CQC uses a 16" barrel.
    “Shooting a gun projects your personal will across time and space in a flash. I want to hit that and that is hit. Straight from your mind to the physical world. Talk about your PowerPoint presentations.” --Don Winslow, Savages

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pete is an absolute great guy to deal with and probably the most knowledgeable person about the AUG in the US.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Looks like I'll be putting a SCAR up for sale tomorrow.

Already sent Pete the wish list. Been wanting to do this for years.

AC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I can make the CQC NY Compliant, I may have to get off my ass for this, vs the 901.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Looks like I'll be putting a SCAR up for sale tomorrow.

AC
    Go figure I sold an AUG A3 to buy a SCAR 17... But looking at the CQC I'm really thinking I need to get another.

Great rifles just remember when your doing a reload don't smack the bottom of your magazine. If you do you'll more than likely pop a round out. Use the push pull method, like you should be doing anyway, and you will be just fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip KG, I've never owned a bullpup and i'm looking forward to learning the AUG manual of arms

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast