Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Painted and Customized :) a 19D's Review (Army Cav Scout)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Wow...that is really nice.

You know what is weird? I actually want one of those more than an AR.

I don't know why but a Ruger Gunsite Scout with an Aimpoint is really something I want and could actually use more so than any AR.

-brickboy240
    I was thinking the same thing! now it just needs a folding or telescoping stock.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Im a huge fan of scout rifles. Thats a nice looking piece, i think you did an excellent job with what you had. Keep it up!
    Recommendation: when you get a replacement optic, i higly recommend the Leupold 2.5 or 4 power scouts. The burris scopes are far too heavy, large, and dont hold up as well as some say. I broke mine multiple times on my scout. The Leupold scout scopes are lighter, clearer, and made like tanks (in the USA)
    For the rings, my favorite are Warne rings. Theyre built very sturdy, and well priced. You would probably need Low rings, although if you want your optic to sit higher for whatever reason, medium would work.
    Last edited by masakari; 09-20-12 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    Great review. The big FAIL with the Scout as a concept is the brutally poor low light capability of scout scopes. But there are plenty of options to cure that.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.

I do need better optics as stated by multiple people already I really do enjoy the rifle though. I just wish that when manufacturers create "scout" rifles, they consider mission capabilities and requirements.

For example Ruger should develop or contract out the development of an optic or optics that would work well the platform. AR specific optics are successful because they were able to determine the requirements and how they will operate on the platform.

This needs to be true.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sangria7 View Post
    Thanks guys.

I do need better optics as stated by multiple people already I really do enjoy the rifle though. I just wish that when manufacturers create "scout" rifles, they consider mission capabilities and requirements.

For example Ruger should develop or contract out the development of an optic or optics that would work well the platform. AR specific optics are successful because they were able to determine the requirements and how they will operate on the platform.

This needs to be true.
    EMAIL TRIJICON! They have responded to my numerous requests for a scout scope, and said they they will not ignore the requests, and it is being developed... but they need more requests to get the ball rolling faster. So contact them!
    My idea of the perfect scout scope is an ACOG like optic that sits bery low (maybe with optional spacers?) And with 3X or 2.5X magnification. Dual illumination, and a easy to use ranging reticle are a must. It would need to be compact and lightweight.
    When it comes out, it will be mine on day one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any links on who to start emailing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So who makes quality mags a d hkw much are they?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    So who makes quality mags a d hkw much are they?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/829...-polymer-black

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1J1D View Post
    Any links on who to start emailing?
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/contact/index.php

Feedback Score
    I found the bolt on my got much smoother after a while. Still, it will never be up there with my Steyr SBS.

I did not have much luck with the iron sights, got frustrated and put a conventional scope on. It's a Trijicon TR24. It's pretty fast and accurate to medium ranges.

Overall, I like the rifle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast