Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Stats - 1 in 4 Rifles Made in 2009 Was An AR15

Feedback Score
    Interesting that BCM only produced around 5,400 units in 2010, and Daniel Defense made fewer than that.

It's no wonder that top tier AR's are hard to get!

As for Jim Zumbo, I hope his career never recovers. I can't tell you how many times the left held his comments up as "see, even gun owners know blah blah blah."

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the great info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Smith & Wesson just reported its Fiscal First Quarter 2013 (ending July 31) results.

Their AR sales for the quarter (including rimfires) doubled.

100% sales growth in AR sales.

More tellingly, the freakin' backlog of orders increased 164%.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Interesting that BCM only produced around 5,400 units in 2010, and Daniel Defense made fewer than that.

It's no wonder that top tier AR's are hard to get!

As for Jim Zumbo, I hope his career never recovers. I can't tell you how many times the left held his comments up as "see, even gun owners know blah blah blah."
    Agreed, there were some surprises on that list. BCM's 5400 might not seem like a lot, but that's ~15 rifles a day each day for the entire year for a smaller shop that's still a lot of work. By comparison, Colt the local-superstar only moved 11k. Springfield sold twice the number of M1/As as Colt did civilian ARs. I'm not sure how perfect that list is since it says Smith moved 100k and HK moved 6 rifles. But still interesting.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Agreed, there were some surprises on that list. BCM's 5400 might not seem like a lot, but that's ~15 rifles a day each day for the entire year for a smaller shop that's still a lot of work. By comparison, Colt the local-superstar only moved 11k. Springfield sold twice the number of M1/As as Colt did civilian ARs. I'm not sure how perfect that list is since it says Smith moved 100k and HK moved 6 rifles. But still interesting.
    This is encouraging - among the top 5-8 brands that actually produce mil-spec or actually better hardware, that they're not seeming to lose too much market share. Especially how well BCM and DD are doing.

Most are going to be crap brands, much the same way that most centerfire rifles in general are total fudd pieces. Oh well.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Popularity is a good thing. As the Fudds get turned on to them the more voices we have on our side when legislation is proposed.

Feedback Score
    Very cool stats.
    Daniel Defense V4
    Benelli Super Vinci
    Tikka T3 SS Lam .270wsm
    Vortex Dealer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice job Slut!

Personally I don't care how many are low grade guns. The more out there the better.
    Can't Quit.
    Not Dead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    1 in 4 was an AR?

3 out of 4 ARs was a piece of shit DPMS, Bushmaster, LWRCi, or Olympic Arms.
    Yes your are correct on that comment but many times one buys one of the bottom end only to get the fever and jump into the deep end of the pool. Why we know there are issues with a lot of the low end guns we must rememberthat most of the AR's are bought by someone that doesn't push the guns either.
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does this consitute any lower as well or is it just counting complete rifles?

Just curious as I am sure that BCM has a lot more guns out there that aren't on their own lower (builds or buying just a BCM upper and putting it on another lower) so it will look like they made a lot less. Same with DD as they sell just uppers as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast