Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun Stats - 1 in 4 Rifles Made in 2009 Was An AR15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chadil1ac View Post
    Does this consitute any lower as well or is it just counting complete rifles?

Just curious as I am sure that BCM has a lot more guns out there that aren't on their own lower (builds or buying just a BCM upper and putting it on another lower) so it will look like they made a lot less. Same with DD as they sell just uppers as well.
    What's listed here is at a minimum the serialized portion of the gun that is the "firearm." So it could be a stripped lower intended for rifle production, a complete rifle lower half, or a complete rifle. I'm pretty sure these numbers don't include AR pistols - they are reported in a separate category.

I'm pretty sure BCM and DD have sold more uppers than serialized lowers. I think when the 2011 and 2012 numbers come out, you'll see a huge spike in numbers produced.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 09-10-12 at 08:27.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    What's listed here is at a minimum the serialized portion of the gun that is the "firearm." So it could be a stripped lower intended for rifle production, a complete rifle lower half, or a complete rifle. I'm pretty sure these numbers don't include AR pistols - they are reported in a separate category.

I'm pretty sure BCM and DD have sold more uppers than serialized lowers. I think when the 2011 and 2012 numbers come out, you'll see a huge spike in numbers produced.
    I don't remember when it started, but there is now a difference between Rifle, Pistol, and Receiver.

So no telling if stripped lowers made it on this list or not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why do you think the stats in 2010 dropped so much?

Recession related, where in 2009 it was just picking up momentum but by 2010 it was in full swing?
    Last edited by Koshinn; 09-10-12 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Why do you think the stats in 2010 dropped so much?

Recession related, where in 2009 it was just picking up momentum but by 2010 it was in full swing?
    Gun panic dying down is my guess. Plus the people who reflexively bought ARs then sold them later on. The used AR market was probably never larger than it has ever been than in 2010 or so.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Arrow

A gentle reminder of the reality of our situation.

This isn't 1994.

There are more gun owners than ever.

The AR15 pattern rifle is even more popular now than when this older data was posted.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    I imagine that we might break another record with AR sells either this year or next. Prob this years since the world is ending on Friday..
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    A gentle reminder of the reality of our situation.

This isn't 1994.

There are more gun owners than ever.

The AR15 pattern rifle is even more popular now than when this older data was posted.
    Its certainly more popular in my safe since then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123