Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iron sight alignment

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all your input guys, I have sent another e-mail to BCM letting them know the rear sight is 29 clicks left of mechanical zero to line up. I can see no issue with the Magpul by just looking at it. However as one of you mentioned, it is plastic. For that matter, I can see no issue with the FSB by just looking at it either. I will upgrade this as soon as something better can be ordered and recieved. I am determined to put together a quality weapon as I am in pretty deep already. The red dot I used is just a cheap bsa I use on a shotgun, I just wanted to put something on there to see what it would look like should the need to use irons arrise.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    tag for answer. I have a similar problem: LMT upper (sighted fine on BUIS), but my trigicon 1.5x reticle is approx 15 degrees up and right of the FSB. Seems to be OK, but that blurry FSB being off-center so much really concerns me.

Feedback Score
    Exactly, makes it difficult to witness, for lack of a better term. I feel I would be better off without the FSB all together.

Feedback Score
    You should be able to get a carry handle cheap on Ebay or the EE then you can narrow down if it's the mbus or the upper
    Last edited by Mr Elbowseed; 09-14-12 at 11:03.
    Ambitious but rubbish

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have Magpul BUS on my rifle as well and the rear is almost all the way to the left. I ended up having to have the upper receiver itself replaced and I had hoped that the sights would zero more toward the middle with the new one, but they didn't change much at all. I finally decided not to worry about it. I got the rifle zeroed with the BUS and that was the primary concern.

On a side note, it seems every time I see this issue brought up about the Magpul BUS the rear sight needs to be moved far to the left. Never to the right.
    Last edited by SteveL; 09-14-12 at 12:38.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I finally decided not to worry about it. I got the rifle zeroed with the BUS and that was the primary concern.

On a side note, it seems every time I see this issue brought up about the Magpul BUS the rear sight needs to be moved far to the left. Never to the right.
    This isn't only related to MBUS, this seems to be a decently common question.

If you're able to zero the gun, even if you're near the edge of adjustment, you're OK as long as everything in your upper has been put together correctly (barrel nut torqued right, sights installed tight and good lockup on the BCG/barrel extension).
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    If you're able to zero the gun, even if you're near the edge of adjustment, you're OK as long as everything in your upper has been put together correctly (barrel nut torqued right, sights installed tight and good lockup on the BCG/barrel extension).
    I got it zeroed without any problems, and it still has some remaining adjustment to the left so I'm good to go. The upper as it was originally was factory assembled from DD. As it is now, it was assembled by a local guy who is top notch so I'm not worried about assembly. It bothers my OCD more than anything but I'll just have to live with that.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Same with that TROY crap. There was a while were the same thing was popping up on their rear flipper too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have a BCM 20" A4 upper that with a DD A1.5, Matech, and Carry Handle needs to have the rear sight moved 13-15 clicks to the left.

This isn't a problem with any other carbine/rifle I zero.

I have a feeling that BCM IS occasionally putting out uppers with SLIGHTLY canted FSB's. I've read quite a few accounts of BCM uppers needing substantial left adjustment and it keeps being blown off as "a shooter problem" or a "rear sight problem".
    Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 09-17-12 at 12:54.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    I have a feeling that BCM IS occasionally putting out uppers with SLIGHTLY canted FSB's. I've read quite a few accounts of BCM uppers needing substantial left adjustment and it keeps being blown off as "a shooter problem" or a "rear sight problem".
    Well the guy is admitting to being new to the AR platform. And we want to work off facts as much as possible since these things have a way of taking on a life of their own.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast