Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced bolt

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

LMT Enhanced bolt

What's the point? What does this bolt give you that a new MP Colt bolt doesn't, other than being slightly easier to clean?

Feedback Score
    There is no point. The standard bolt, with the addition of Crane's O-ring, works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    According to LMT, the Enhanced bolt has Re-enforced lugs and a dual extractor spring system. The Enhanced carrier has a third gas vent hole to help with pressure. I personally have one one of these for awhile and not had a problem. I have also had several of them returned.

I would say that if you feel that you would benefit from it then get it, but generally speaking, you don't need it.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some have had issues with the LMT enhanced BCGs in 10.5" uppers. They were designed for the 14.5" uppers, not the shorties.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score

These kind of questions require answers with pictures

Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels
    I know what they look like, I have one. I just don't see what they offer over a MP Colt bolt.

Feedback Score
    Well, supposedly, they improved a few things. Like beefed up locking lugs, with radiused corners, and relief cuts, all to make them less prone to break, especially around the extractor cut. And speaking of the extractor, what does the double spring arrangement do, besides look dead sexy? Dunno on that one, although from what I've heard the o-ring/d-ring actually accomplishes the same task, only better.
    Might be easier to clean.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by generic
    I know what they look like, I have one.
    Sorry, I failed mind reading and did not know you had one.
    I posted the picture for the benefit of anyone else who has not seen them.

I am an LMT dealer, but I am not a big supporter of the enhanced bolts.
    They are pretty pricey for what they offer.
    They have some nice features, the coating, the dual springs, sand cuts, better reliefs etc, but a good quality CMT bolt with an O-ring is just as functional.

I stock LMT Enhanced bolts/carriers because someone occasionally wants one, but I don't push them.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I own one that I ordered with my MRP and it has help it run perfectly since day one, thats why I like them. I have heard that LMT has had some issues with some of the enhanced bolts in the past, but not exactly what type of issues. As Randall said, a good CMT or other quality bolt with the proper extractor upgrades will function just as good. Here are some more pictures (courtesy of Military Morons) for the interested:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Notice the Enhanced Carrier has a different cam track that does not engage the cam pin till later in the reward movement, adding a delay in opening. Unfortunately, none of the above pics capture this feature.

This is to allow residual chamber pressure to drop, ease extraction and reduce stress on the outboard locking lugs.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast