Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced bolt

Feedback Score
    From what I know, the knew bolt carrier GROUPS will function, as is confirmed in this thread.

Note: I have NOT tested this myself. I ONLY have the carrier.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Ok I just looked over all 16 pages of this thread and have a question .

In a un suppressed sbr with a barrel of 11.5 inches or longer then the EBOLT and E carrier are GTG but on a LMT 10.5 INCH upper the E combo is no go correct , or has any one with a 10.5 inch upper ran the E COMBINATION CARRIER AND BOLT SUCCESSFULLY?
    thanks guys !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    One build has the A5, with the standard Vltor included rifle spring and A5 buffer. The 654 build has a carbine tube and spring with an H2 buffer. Both shoot 55gr. .223 and lock back, you could go heavier buffer and stiffer spring if shooting only 5.56. I use cheap .223 for class and the range, and have never had any issues shooting 5.56 with these spring and buffer weights.
    Any updates?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moses in maine View Post

In a un suppressed sbr with a barrel of 11.5 inches or longer then the EBOLT and E carrier are GTG but on a LMT 10.5 INCH upper the E combo is no go correct , or has any one with a 10.5 inch upper ran the E COMBINATION CARRIER AND BOLT SUCCESSFULLY?
    thanks guys !
    This was my experience. It's interesting that under 11.5 it gets more finicky.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    This was my experience. It's interesting that under 11.5 it gets more finicky.
    That's why I NEVER ran those E things in NAM!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's why I NEVER ran those E things in NAM!!
    If we would have had a small bottle of Froglube, Charlie would have felt the e carrier wrath.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moses in maine View Post

thanks guys !
    10.5" LMT CQB MRP w/ E-bolt & Gen5 E-carrier + VltorA5 RE & A5H3 buffer + Green Sprinco rifle spring = a go
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Forgot to mention current gen E-bolts (3 years and newer) work fine in very short guns without anything else.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had trouble with my LMT 10.5 until I put a H3 buffer in it. Or when I use A5 system. Mine choked up on regular buffer. I was sleeping at the wheel when I let that cluster **** happen.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-21-14 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I had trouble with my LMT 10.5 until I put a H3 buffer in it. Or when I use A5 system. Mine choked up on regular buffer. I was sleeping at the wheel when I let that cluster **** happen.
    Just a question. When you say regular buffer, are you referring to a 3 ounce carbine buffer? That's way light for a LMT 10.5" with their enhanced BCG, I could see issues with that. The A5 or rifle like action system with a proper buffer weight is definitely better than any carbine type action systems, even weighted to the H3 carbine type.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast