Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT Enhanced bolt

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks like there have been a few iterations of the relief cuts to individual locking lugs-- I'm sure I've seen them much deeper than that. Although I've seen just a few of these.

The raised ring at the end of the carrier, I presume, is to reduce the area of contact where it bangs off on the barrel extension, allowing more room for dirt.

The best thing about the dual spring extractor is that it lets the springs be made longer. Longer springs are happier springs. Woulda been nice if there was some other spring in the system that coulda been drafted to also serve as extractor springs, like safety detent springs or something (too long, justoffered as an example). I'm sure they looked at that during design, it would have made spring availability less of an issue. Anyway-- there seem to be several theoretical advantages in this setup that aren't translating into it being must-have for ever AR15-ist out there.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know, necropost, but search simply hasn't worked for me for a while for whatever reason.

I got an LMT bolt assembly in today.. ordered it because Bravo Company ran out of BCM bolts, literally minutes before I checked out (got notification yesterday they were back in, figures)

I noticed some odd features on the bolt, it apparently has the same radius on the rear of the locking lugs as is shown here on their advanced bolt. I don't know when they started doing this, or if all of them have this.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pics, I've never seen one before. It looks to be about as relevant as a forward assist to me, though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    they work wonders in some guns. dont get one if you don't actually need one- and if you don't know if you need one or not, you don't need one.

criticism of something you don't understand is gay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    Yeah, I know, necropost, but search simply hasn't worked for me for a while for whatever reason.

I got an LMT bolt assembly in today.. ordered it because Bravo Company ran out of BCM bolts, literally minutes before I checked out (got notification yesterday they were back in, figures)

I noticed some odd features on the bolt, it apparently has the same radius on the rear of the locking lugs as is shown here on their advanced bolt. I don't know when they started doing this, or if all of them have this.
    There is a post around here with Bill Alexander discussing the enhanced bolt and carrier it was a great post.

I will try to look for it and post you a linky.

BKB pretty much somes it up if you don't know if you need it then you probably don't need it.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 04-27-10 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3379

Here it is post #12
    The best description of the LMT enhanced BCG that I have been able to find.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    they work wonders in some guns. dont get one if you don't actually need one- and if you don't know if you need one or not, you don't need one.

criticism of something you don't understand is gay.
    just curious, what sort of problems would you see that an enhanced bolt would fix??

I'm running the enhanced carrier but w/ the standard lmt bolt.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    just curious, what sort of problems would you see that an enhanced bolt would fix??

Bolt was designed for a longer service life not to fix a problem to say.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 04-27-10 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post

the carrier is the part that usually offers the solution to a problem.. by bleeding more port gas, it can turn an over-gassed gun into a correctly gassed gun. 10.5s, 16.1s, suppressed, anything that's overgassed, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Bolt was designed for a longer service life not to fix a problem to say.
    a more durable bolt sort of goes hand in hand with weapons that are over-gassed. plus, as Heavy mentioned above, the bolt further slows unlock- it does contribute to the buffered action of the group.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 04-28-10 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the carrier is the part that usually offers the solution to a problem.. by bleeding more port gas, it can turn an over-gassed gun into a correctly gassed gun. 10.5s, 16.1s, suppressed, anything that's overgassed, for whatever reason.

a more durable bolt sort of goes hand in hand with weapons that are over-gassed. plus, as Heavy mentioned above, the bolt further slows unlock- it does contribute to the buffered action of the group.
    Thanks...I'm running the enhanced carrier but with the standard lmt bolt.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast