Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try it on a gun for a high range count session yet but it sucked out loud compared to FL on my new Spyderco. That being said, I'm dead certain either lube will work fine.
    What did you use it for on the knife?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    What did you use it for on the knife?
    Not protection as it's a Salt (pretty much impervious to corrosion) but for lubing the contact points on the blade/frame and locking mechanism. Noticeable improvement over FireClean. I'll prolly use FireClean this weekend for a carbine shoot with my 5.45 if the targets are 5.45 friendly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not protection as it's a Salt (pretty much impervious to corrosion) but for lubing the contact points on the blade/frame and locking mechanism. Noticeable improvement over FireClean. I'll prolly use FireClean this weekend for a carbine shoot with my 5.45 if the targets are 5.45 friendly.
    Gotcha. Fireclean/Froglube prevents simply have not met my demands in a product for corrosion resistance. Clean appropriately. I've had Froglube rust stuff up overnight in the real world (shooting, not nails in the kitchen). Fireclean did worse than Froglube "in the kitchen". So be careful with it. I would like to note, though---and this is entirely subjective---that I bought a new RAPTOR Charging handle and lubed one side with FireClean, and one side with MPro7LPX, and cycled it a dozen or so times with each hand, as evenly as I could. The FireClean treated side showed MUCH less wear. Hardly scientific, but I was impressed. If your requirements place lubrication ahead of corrosion resistance, I think FireClean is a definite consideration.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-12-13 at 18:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Remember the earlier comment about the fool? Im pretty dumb but im no fool...

I have used Froglube by way of my easily swayed, loose "walleted" buddy.

It looked like lube, it smelled like lube and it worked like lube. My gun even went bang.

I then proceeded to back to the same quart of mobil 1 ive been using for the past five years of HEAVY shooting...

Im all for progressive development but the AR is an internal combustion engine masquerading as a gun. If a damned Indy car can get by on Mobil 1 i am pretty sure my gun will be ok without Navy Seal Jizz liberally spooged all over it...
    I've been using Buzzy's Slick Honey, which is a bike fork grease. $20 for 16 oz, essentially a lifetime supply. It works similar to how I hear Frog lube described; aka its a grease, heats up and gets "wetter" then cools back down to a grease.

The fact that that stuff works so well for me makes me want to think that the whole lubrication thing is way over thought. Just keep your gun lubed up and it'll be good.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Re: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I've been using Buzzy's Slick Honey, which is a bike fork grease. $20 for 16 oz, essentially a lifetime supply. It works similar to how I hear Frog lube described; aka its a grease, heats up and gets "wetter" then cools back down to a grease.

The fact that that stuff works so well for me makes me want to think that the whole lubrication thing is way over thought. Just keep your gun lubed up and it'll be good.
    And it's non-toxic?

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    And it's non-toxic?

I'm going to guess no by the "Keep out of reach of children" and "In case of swallowing, consult a physician".

It doesn't have any fumes or anything if that's what you're asking. Just can't eat it or put it in your eyes.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

I can't get any audio on that video. What are we looking at?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I can't get any audio on that video. What are we looking at?
    Reading is fundamental

From the link:

LaRue MG Lube (far left) vs. Weapon Shield (middle) vs. Froglube Paste
    This is a test WS6 did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We're running FireClean on the Dynamics side. Been so happy with it that we're going to switch to using it on all our testing guns at Industries. Saving on cleaning time is a pretty big thing when testing 10 suppressed rifle combinations in a day.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I'm going to guess no by the "Keep out of reach of children" and "In case of swallowing, consult a physician".

It doesn't have any fumes or anything if that's what you're asking. Just can't eat it or put it in your eyes.
    My question was socratic.
    Non toxicity is one of the main thrusts of these new lubricants.

Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast