Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any long term durability results: Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Any long term durability results: Ruger LCP

Have any of you guys been carrying/shooting the Ruger LCP for a decent amount of time to determine anything about it's ruggedness and reliability. I put off buying one of these for the simple reason that I wanted to wait a year or two incase there was a problem with the guns when they reach a high round count. I'm now looking to buy one since the market for pocket .380s is about to explode.

Thanks!
    Mark

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    I'm now looking to buy one since the market for pocket .380s is about to explode.

Thanks!
    Mark
    Why do you feel this is about to happen?

I would be interested in others experiences with the LCP too but I have gone to a single stack 9mm and find it works for me.

Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    somebody oughtta do a 500 round torture test!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    At the end of the day it is still a Keltec. I wouldn't hold my expectations too high.

Feedback Score
    I have managed to shoot about 300 rounds through my LCP
    A mix of PMC , Federal ball, Blaser Winchester SX Golden Saber and Critical Defense .
    No failures at all but that little blaster has a lot of recoil.
    I have a Crimson Trace laser guard on mine and it usually rides in my off hand front pocket.

Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know an LCP that has ~2000 rds through it. It's fired Black Hills Ammunition almost exclusively, mostly the 90gr JHP-XTP. No observed or reported malfunctions.

I watched another LCP run about 350rds in an afternoon as a succession of officers tried it out. Ammo that day was a very mediocre remanufactured ball load that is very inconsistent. There were no malfunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    somebody oughtta do a 500 round torture test!
    Based on the above, I would expect the LCPs to do well. Loading mags would be a pain, as few people have more than 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    At the end of the day it is still a Keltec. I wouldn't hold my expectations too high.
    More correctly, it is a product-improved Keltec. In my experience, the LCP demonstrates greater consistency of performance than the P3AT, and should get more credit.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    http://rugerpistolforums.com/forums/...ur-lcp-70.html lots of people with 1000+ rounds. A few have had a problem or two in the 1200-1300 round range. Some people have 2000 or 3000 rounds with no problem. Seems like there is a reasonable chance of some breakage in the 1000-round range. That is typical of all small pistols. You have to get something like a Glock 26 if you care. That all being said, even my Nano is on the heavy side for me to run with. The LCP seems to be the answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Why do you feel this is about to happen?
    I suspect he's referring to the Glock .380 rumored to be released shortly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    I suspect he's referring to the Glock .380 rumored to be released shortly.
    Not unless he had a crystal ball in 2010 when this thread was started.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    Have any of you guys been carrying/shooting the Ruger LCP for a decent amount of time to determine anything about it's ruggedness and reliability. I put off buying one of these for the simple reason that I wanted to wait a year or two incase there was a problem with the guns when they reach a high round count. I'm now looking to buy one since the market for pocket .380s is about to explode.

Thanks!
    Mark
    Sorry bro, I freaking hate shooting mine. It's there and serves a purpose, I'll put 20-30 rounds through it occasionally to make sure it still works, but after that it gets put away again. I carry mine mostly as a duty backup and rarely off duty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast