So I've heard and read a lot about Froglube, and was recently introduced to FIREclean, which is an even newer product with similar claims to Froglube. They are both non-toxic, biodegradable, non-flammable, low odor, and made in the USA; Froglube is also a "USDA certified biobased product - 98%."

Seeing as how they sound so similar, and are both new(ish) products, I have decided to test them in an apples to apples comparison, with the apples being gen 3 Glock 19s. I have one brand new G19, and I am about to acquire another Wi(hopefully this weekend). My plan is to clean both very thoroughly, then lube one with FIREclean and the other with Froglube, per their respective directions. I will then proceed to shoot the exact same quantity and type of ammo through each, follow the exact same maintenance and cleaning schedule for each, alternate evenly between using them as my carry gun, and take lots of pictures. I plan to start as soon as I get the second G19. Besides testing several varieties of defense ammunition and firing several hundred rounds through each gun, I am taking a three day, high round count handgun class next month, and will shoot several hundred rounds through each pistol over the course of the class, that should be a good test. Also, I understand that Glocks, being reliable, run-on-anything firearms aren't the best test vehicle; however, they are what I have, so they are what I'll use.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I begin? I unfortunately do not have a chrono, so I won't be able to do any muzzle velocity comparisons (not that that is too big of a deal). Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated