Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen-4 Glock 19 enhancements

Feedback Score

Gen-4 Glock 19 enhancements

Hello everyone,

My cousin purchased his first gun this summer, a Gen-4 G19.

I was wanting to get him either the Vickers slide stop lever or the factory Glock extended one. I run the Glock one on mine and have no experience with the Vickers one other than fondling a few at my LGS. My question is for those that have run both, which do you prefer?

I was also planning to get him the Vickers mag release but I am wondering if they are really necessary on the Gen-4 guns?

Thanks in advance to all who reply...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I don't have any Gen4 Glocks. I do have six of the Gen2\Gen3 Glocks. All have Vicker's slide stop levers and mag releases.

So that would be a "Yes" on which I prefer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have one on my gen4 17 and with a emphatic yes it's worth it. 100%.

Sent from my DROID X2

Feedback Score
    Yes, I highly recommend both parts. I don't really care for the OEM extended slide stop, the Vickers is much better. It's design was inspired by the M&Ps slide stop, but I believe it was extended a bit more. It's easier for me to manipulate it vs. the M&P slide stop.

Vickers Gen 4 mag release absolutely. At first impression I wasn't impressed just playing with it, but then I did a few reload drills with it and I was sold. With the standard gen 4 mag release I was still slightly moving the frame to get a better purchase on the release; with the Vickers that is unnecessary. You just move your thumb and push. Best mag release I have used so far for any pistol.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    I know for a fact the Vickers mag release for a Gen. 4 is outstanding!

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I consider the vickers slide stop and an extended mag release good buys for any glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have both and either one works well but I would give the edge to the Vickers. However I prefer to modify the stock magazine release button by reshaping and texturing it. I very much prefer this over both the Glock or Vickers version.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The factory model impedes my desire to have a true thumbs forward grip. The nub that sticks out causes me to hold it down and keep the slide from locking back on an empty mag. I have to throw the strong hand thumb out a little to prevent this.

Feedback Score
    I have both and prefer the factory extended slide lock / release to the Vicker's on all but a Glock 26. However, I prefer the Vicker's magazine release to the factory extended. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I have both and either one works well but I would give the edge to the Vickers. However I prefer to modify the stock magazine release button by reshaping and texturing it. I very much prefer this over both the Glock or Vickers version.
    Surf, the subtle curve on that release is very nice. You should consider producing these for retail sales.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast