Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Nothing special. Random concentration of salt-water saturating toilet-tissue laid across a "treated" (with various lubricants) allen-wrench with the surface sanded shiny.

Repeatedly my results were, from best to worst

Gunslick foaming gun oil (This stuff is just absurd. Flat out insane rust prevention.)

_______
    CLP (Very very good.)
    MPro7-LPX (Very good. No worries)
    Fireclean (It might work better than spitting on it.)

Separated into "tiers" of performance I observed.
    Toilet paper on an Allen wrench?

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...on-test/page-3

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    Rust tests are funny like that, but my real-world usage has backed up my personal results, with Froglube allowing my weapon to rust, and CLP and LPX preventing it.

TP slowly dried, holding the salt-water on the substrate longer and through varying humidity conditions until dry. It's brutal.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-11-13 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    So if someone is not putting 10,000 rds a year through their gun, can one really tell the difference between FrogLube , FireClean , and Mpro7??
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    So if someone is not putting 10,000 rds a year through their gun, can one really tell the difference between FrogLube , FireClean , and Mpro7??
    Well for someone putting a few thousand a year through their gun, it doesn't rust up with Mpro7 like it does with Froglube. That's my observation, anyway. Corrosion on the bolt and carrier is no bueno.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I live in a humid environment and oddly enough haven't had any problems with FL. I don't doubt F2S or WS6 but I haven't had any rust problems with FL on 5.56 guns. I've had corrosion from every lube I've tried on my 5.45. So I rinse it with water and add more. Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I live in a humid environment and oddly enough haven't had any problems with FL. I don't doubt F2S or WS6 but I haven't had any rust problems with FL on 5.56 guns. I've had corrosion from every lube I've tried on my 5.45. So I rinse it with water and add more. Problem solved.

I live on the wet side of WA state and never had corrosion problems. I had weapons before I really got into them, never lubed and stored for years at a time no corrosion problems.

So far no corrosion from my 5.45, but mine has only seen Silver Bear so far.

So WS6 what area are you from??
    Last edited by 223to45; 04-11-13 at 18:42.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I view Frog Lube like the foaming bore cleaners that came onto the market. I tried the foaming bore cleaners and went back to my old cleaning regimen after using them for one year. I picked up Frog Lube after reading another thread on this site and thought I would give it a try. It doesn't seem to do any more than some of the other lubricants I tried. I will use it until it runs out and I do not plan on buying any more of it.

Based on my own experience I am going back to Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and wheel bearing grease for weapons lube. I used motor oil when I worked in a very humid environment in the early 1980s and it worked just as well if not better than the CLP I was issued. I started using synthetic motor oil when it came on the market and have been using it for years. I have participated in high round count training evolutions and never had an AR-15, M-14 or 1911 weapon platform fail me because of lube.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-11-13 at 19:40.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I live on the wet side of WA state and never had corrosion problems. I had weapons before I really got into them, never lubed and stored for years at a time no corrosion problems.

So far no corrosion from my 5.45, but mine has only seen Silver Bear so far.

So WS6 what area are you from??
    Louisiana. My firearms stay in 45-55% hum. Range. The rust occurred in fayetteville, ar, and home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Day two of streetfighter my MPro7 LPX is still doing its job, but feels gritty. Felt gritty day one. Few guys are running fireclean and their guns are like glass. Gonna have to clean and relube with fireclean for day.three.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have no personal experience with FrogLube, but I've used FIREclean for the past year and it's simply outstanding.

Best lube/cleaner I've used yet.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast