Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It tends to burn off a LOT faster, and contains a lot of junk that you don't want in your lungs or on your hands. It kindof doesn't belong in this discussion as it differs so much from the other two being discussed.

Seal 1
    Rand CLP
    Ballistol

Those are product alternatives, IMO.

Ok then, how does Ballistol compare to the other 2 being discussed?

Feedback Score
    Fireclean does indeed live up to its claims. So does Froglube. I find both to be basically identical, except that one smells minty fresh. The solution I have come up with is to simply use both. I use the Froglube paste on anything that needs to be stored for a long time, and I use Fireclean on anything that I plan to use immediately. A word of caution, however; Fireclean, being an oil, WILL run out of the gun eventually, especially if it's hot outside. There's no way around it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Do you mean flow out or evaporate?
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    Evaporate would be the better term. After a while in my car, I'll notice that the liquid itself isn't there anymore, but there's definitely an oily residue left.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    Evaporate would be the better term. After a while in my car, I'll notice that the liquid itself isn't there anymore, but there's definitely an oily residue left.
    I use FC on muzzle devices, stored muzzle up in racks. Still wet months later.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    *scratches head* Am I doing something wrong then? I can't see how I'm doing anything different. Just wipe it on with a brush, leave it in my car when its hot, or just leave it for a week or so in my room, and the stuff is definitely not there anymore.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    *scratches head* Am I doing something wrong then? I can't see how I'm doing anything different. Just wipe it on with a brush, leave it in my car when its hot, or just leave it for a week or so in my room, and the stuff is definitely not there anymore.
    Sorry if I came across brashly, was in the middle of a long road trip (playing navigator).

I think we may be at odds due to perception of "wet", or possibly due to your gun's finish.

Let me start anew:
    On degreased finishes that are work-worn, after applying a generous (but not dripping) coat with a fingertip, there will still be a visually and physically identifiable "wetness" to the surface even after months of storage.

What is the surface that you are applying to?

Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    After reading this thread and outside research, I bought a bottle of FC today. I plan to put it to use this weekend. I'll post a short follow up with my results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Sorry if I came across brashly, was in the middle of a long road trip (playing navigator).

I think we may be at odds due to perception of "wet", or possibly due to your gun's finish.

Let me start anew:
    On degreased finishes that are work-worn, after applying a generous (but not dripping) coat with a fingertip, there will still be a visually and physically identifiable "wetness" to the surface even after months of storage.

What is the surface that you are applying to?

I've applied it to my handguns, on every surface I can see. They have been cleaned and de-greased. On every handgun I've applied this stuff too, after 2-3 weeks, there will be a really odd smell coming from the gun, along with a physically dry surface. There will be some sort of residual film left on the gun, but it's definitely not "wet" in any way. More like a dry film.

Feedback Score
    Are there different variations of FC, i.e., oil and grease?

Or, is there only one FC?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast