Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    What about Break Free CLP?
    The original gov't issued BF CLP was pretty good stuff. It's all I used to use.
    A few years back, they changed it and it I never even tried it because I heard it sucked.

I switched to Slip 200 EWL after I tried a bottle that came as swag from BCM.

I like it. It's supposedly non-toxic and it does not let any smut stick to anything. Just wipe the upper or whatever out with a paper shop towel and dump more lube in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    The original gov't issued BF CLP was pretty good stuff. It's all I used to use.
    A few years back, they changed it and it I never even tried it because I heard it sucked.

I switched to Slip 200 EWL after I tried a bottle that came as swag from BCM.

I like it. It's supposedly non-toxic and it does not let any smut stick to anything. Just wipe the upper or whatever out with a paper shop towel and dump more lube in.

Awesome thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Are there different variations of FC, i.e., oil and grease?

Or, is there only one FC?
    Oil is all I have ever seen, if you are familiar with Slip 2000 it is very similiar both in initial viscosity and color; however it doesn't seem to "run" nearly as much.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Update on FL. On my friends NHC that was treated 100% by the book with Froglube, after firing only 50 rounds and then sitting in a safe/ CCW for around 6 months. It was so sticky that you could drop the slide on empty chamber and it would not even hurt your finger if you stuck it in the chamber while doing so. It was difficult to rack the slide period. The SS barrel on the outside looked IDENTICAL to the residue on my deep frier pot. Brown bubbly sticky residue. After a treatment of alcohol wipes removing all the frog line and using regular clp, back to the originally beauty of a NHC.
    Has anyone else experienced that?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Update on FL. On my friends NHC that was treated 100% by the book with Froglube, after firing only 50 rounds and then sitting in a safe/ CCW for around 6 months. It was so sticky that you could drop the slide on empty chamber and it would not even hurt your finger if you stuck it in the chamber while doing so. It was difficult to rack the slide period. The SS barrel on the outside looked IDENTICAL to the residue on my deep frier pot. Brown bubbly sticky residue. After a treatment of alcohol wipes removing all the frog line and using regular clp, back to the originally beauty of a NHC.
    Has anyone else experienced that?
    Yes. I ran into that issue on three different AR's. Fired them on multiple occasions and was left with a very sticky residue after a few weeks. I had a spare bolt that I treated and stuck in a small zip lock baggie. I pulled it out last night and it was the same thing. Very sticky, no longer slick at all. I tried to wipe the unfired bolt down with a paper towel and it would not wipe off. Actually tore the paper towel it was so sticky. All parts were stripped with brake cleaner and FL applied with a heat gun. One of my guns was short stroking because of the sticky residue. It may have slicked up after getting the gun warm, but after 60 rounds, it was still not as viscous as it should have been and would not lock back on an empty mag. It ran fine after stripping with MPro7 and applying weaponshield. I can only imagine how bad it would be in cold weather.

Feedback Score
    I had treated the bore of my hunting rifle with FL last year took it out this year and found the bore had a pretty good bit of rust in it. scrubbed the bore with clp and got most it it out.

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    When motor oil quits working, I'll have to give one of these new flavor of the week gun lubes a try. However, after decades in various climates, the motor oil seems to be doing just fine other than lacking celebrity firearms instructor endorsement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    I had treated the bore of my hunting rifle with FL last year took it out this year and found the bore had a pretty good bit of rust in it. scrubbed the bore with clp and got most it it out.
    I too have been completely underwhelmed with the rust prevention of FL, and, have pretty much stopped using it. I'm now using Fireclean to clean and lube, and Corrosion-X for external rust protection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs down for me

Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    I too have been completely underwhelmed with the rust prevention of FL, and, have pretty much stopped using it. I'm now using Fireclean to clean and lube, and Corrosion-X for external rust protection.

I have been completely underwhelmed with Frog Lube period...
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What would you expect to happen to a "biodegradable" material as it sits and oxidizes?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast