Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I uploaded the video to my flickr but can't link it from my phone. I'll try in a few from the computer or iPad.

To be clear, this is the liquid Frog Lube. Maybe a drop or two on the rails, a drop on the locking lugs and one down into the hammer and sear.

I guess I can just direct link it - http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/24925870@N00/11214693923/

Here's a Glock 19 for an apples to oranges comparison. I'm just linking it to show what a slide should look like on video. I'll eventually take another of the 1911 with FireClean for a fair comparison.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/24925870@N00/11215176815/
    And the G19 was no lubricated with Froglub but something else?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevN View Post
    My fault, I thought I posted that. It was with FireClean.

Please note, I DID NOT add the Glock video to compare it to the 1911. I only posted it so there was some idea of how general slide velocity should look on video.

I'm also not saying this is definitive proof that all firearms with frog lube will now be sluggish. It was just to show what a little frog lube liquid applied earlier that day did to my Garthwaite Colt in 48 degree weather. So far, it's the only lube that's slowed down the slide or BCG of any of my guns.

I've used a few different kinds of grease and have not had these results.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 12-04-13 at 21:21.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevN View Post
    I believe he used Fireclean on the Glock. Using Frog Lube, I have had two BCG's get "sticky" or "tacky" after a few months storage in my safe (which is inside my climate controlled house)...one inside a ziploc bag and the other installed in an upper. I've got some Fireclean heading my way to see how it does.
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 12-04-13 at 21:24.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Jon I have had the same problem with frog lube on my Sig P220. Usually heating it up helps the gun loosen back up, but even when shooting it tacky the weapon cycles like crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I uploaded the video to my flickr but can't link it from my phone. I'll try in a few from the computer or iPad.

To be clear, this is the liquid Frog Lube. Maybe a drop or two on the rails, a drop on the locking lugs and one down into the hammer and sear.

I guess I can just direct link it - http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/24925870@N00/11214693923/

Here's a Glock 19 for an apples to oranges comparison. I'm just linking it to show what a slide should look like on video. I'll eventually take another of the 1911 with FireClean for a fair comparison.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/24925870@N00/11215176815/
    Wow. I had no idea it was going to be that bad. It's like watching it off a high speed camera...

Nice 1911, btw.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have to say that I'm surprised by this. I thought Froglube was tested in cold weather and approved by all sorts of HSLD folks.

I try all the latest and greatest, but I keep coming back to Weaponshield CLP and a few other synthetic and conventional petroleum products.

I will say that using a biodegradable product to protect metal is probably a bad idea, IMHO. I mean, it's made to break down. What's the shelf life of these products? Just a few years I would guess, maybe a bit longer if sealed in an airtight container.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I have to say that I'm surprised by this. I thought Froglube was tested in cold weather and approved by all sorts of HSLD folks.

I try all the latest and greatest, but I keep coming back to Weaponshield CLP and a few other synthetic and conventional petroleum products.

I will say that using a biodegradable product to protect metal is probably a bad idea, IMHO. I mean, it's made to break down. What's the shelf life of these products? Just a few years I would guess, maybe a bit longer if sealed in an airtight container.
    Not as surprised as I was when I discovered it had turned into an almost glue like substance on the BCG and spare bolt. Before stripping mine, I had noticed that it was somewhat tacky about a month ago. I sprayed some the liquid into the action and went shooting. A couple of weeks later, tacky again.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    This whole thread makes me LOL so damn hard after I ragged on Froglube about 1-2 years ago and everyone told me I was wrong to ask questions and to just use it because it was amazing.
    Yup. I called it too.

The stupid claims of the stuff soaking into metal and only coming out when the gun gets hot and the bs involved in application was all I needed to hear to know it was some retarded shit. Still have never seen the stuff and will continue to bash...

Feedback Score
    Another wonder lube designed to make a quick buck. I wasted my money.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Even if froglube work outstandingly awesome, I still wouldn't use the shit because who the frig wants to heat all the friggen parts every time they clean their dam weapon

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast