Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    To me the bennies of Froglube aren't as critical on a pistol. The AR is wear it shines like a mofo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I have been using the FireClean on several guns for a couple of months. As Jack said above, its a good cleaner and acts as a fine lube. On Supressed rifles and supressed subguns it has cut down on my cleaning times considerably. In addition, it does not "burn" off as quickly as the other lubes did on the suppresesd guns. I have also used it to remove/prevent the carbon build up from muzzel blast on my weapons lights.

Feedback Score
    I prefer SnakeOil for all of my gun cleaning.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    STATES: Do your Glocks a favor and don't remove the copper grease. It is an anti seize lube that helps the rails to seat without galling. Follow Glock's advice and shoot the pistol around 500 rounds before you do any cleaning or lube changes.

In the limited experience I have had with FrogLube it doesn't appear to be a very good extreme pressure lube. The copper grease is an EP lube and better for break in.

Feedback Score
    DBR: thanks, I read that in the Glock manual, didn't know how worthwhile it was. I'll do that

I also figured Froglube would better in a carry gun because iy wouldn't drip off, so it's good to hear that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    FIREclean works as advertised. Makes carbon just wipe off. Works better than anything I've ever used on suppressed ARs and doesn't burn off even with fast hot heat cycles (like a few hundred rounds in 30 minutes).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'be never seen lube leak off my carry guns. I see the benefit of it on an M4 but not on a Glock.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sorry for the duplicate. Browser hung up
    Last edited by ggammell; 09-29-12 at 09:29. Reason: Duplicate post

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on these products. I'm currently using a new product but had not heard of these.

Feedback Score
    Robb, I actually picked up the Fireclean from Virginia Arms I had heard you really like it.

A friend of mine suggested buying a .22 conversion instead of another Glock, and using it as the test vehicle (because it gets much dirtier, is WAY cheaper to shoot, etc). What about that?
    Last edited by STATES; 09-29-12 at 17:54. Reason: Typo

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast