Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I cant believe you people buy into this garbage...

A fool and his money...
    Agreed. Fireclean is snake oil.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up some Frog Lube and haven't formed an opinion yet. I'll run it on my pistols for a while. Time will tell.

I still keep Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and wheel bearing grease on the reloading bench for my rifles. I just use Mobil 1 oil when the temperatures stay in the single digits and haven't seen an AR bolt carrier slow down due to cold weather. The carbon cleans off easier than when I used Break Free CLP.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-09-13 at 08:36.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I cant believe you people buy into this garbage...

A fool and his money...
    Have you used either product? What do you use?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDorle View Post
    I prefer SnakeOil for all of my gun cleaning.
    Hey, that's what the Veep uses..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Have you used either product? What do you use?
    Remember the earlier comment about the fool? Im pretty dumb but im no fool...

I have used Froglube by way of my easily swayed, loose "walleted" buddy.

It looked like lube, it smelled like lube and it worked like lube. My gun even went bang.

I then proceeded to back to the same quart of mobil 1 ive been using for the past five years of HEAVY shooting...

Im all for progressive development but the AR is an internal combustion engine masquerading as a gun. If a damned Indy car can get by on Mobil 1 i am pretty sure my gun will be ok without Navy Seal Jizz liberally spooged all over it...
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Remember the earlier comment about the fool? Im pretty dumb but im no fool...

I have used Froglube by way of my easily swayed, loose "walleted" buddy.

It looked like lube, it smelled like lube and it worked like lube. My gun even went bang.

I then proceeded to back to the same quart of mobil 1 ive been using for the past five years of HEAVY shooting...

Im all for progressive development but the AR is an internal combustion engine masquerading as a gun. If a damned Indy car can get by on Mobil 1 i am pretty sure my gun will be ok without Navy Seal Jizz liberally spooged all over it...
    Do you see the comments from AKDoug in this thread? He was for hard Mobil 1 and then found where FC out preformed in extreme cold.... As well as removing built up carbon. If your not in extreme cold, Mobil 1 is great

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Do you see the comments from AKDoug in this thread? He was for hard Mobil 1 and then found where FC out preformed in extreme cold.... As well as removing built up carbon. If your not in extreme cold, Mobil 1 is great
    The coldest ive shot was 31 degrees in Georgia. I had zero issues with Mobil 1.

Rags remove carbon too.

There's a whole lot of "I feel" and "I heard" and "it smells nice" in this thread instead of a whole lot of actual data...

Until someone figures out a way to TEST these lubricants in some quantifiable way i will continue laughing my ass off at the people that shell out money for this shit. I just think its horrifically sad that these companies prey on the inability of the consumer to actually quantify this stuff. Instead, they happily bandy buzz words, marketing speak and allow the market to buy into it.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Never tried FireClean... but I can tell you Froglube is a shitload better than Mobil1. I converted after diggin in my cynical heels for a LONG time.

There's no one quicker to call horse shit on a new lube than me. And Froglube is much better at staying put/staying wet in the BCG than Mobil1 ever was for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Never tried FireClean... but I can tell you Froglube is a shitload better than Mobil1. I converted after diggin in my cynical heels for a LONG time.

There's no one quicker to call horse shit on a new lube than me. And Froglube is much better at staying put/staying wet in the BCG than Mobil1 ever was for me.
    I've seen FireClean stick around in some pretty challenging areas.
    If you get a chance, give the girl a squirt and see how she likes it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Glock Froglube vs FIREclean

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you get a chance, give the girl a squirt and see how she likes it.
    Sigline material

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast