Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I am pretty interested in buying one. Will certainly wait 6-12m post release to see some field reports and see the price come down.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Question for those who shot both Tavor and FN2000: How the they compare recoil wise? Is the tapped short stroke piston of the FN smoother than the long stroke piston of the Tavor?
    Don't have a Tavor but do shoot a FS2000. I'm thinking recoil impulse has a lot more to do with total weight and bolt carrier weight, not so much the piston design. The bullet is already gone by the time the bolt carrier is moving anyway.

My wife's light AR has a sharper recoil pulse than the FS2000, which is about .5lb heavier.

H

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    i highly doubt many people will add this to their collection for $1900
    There's always the chance it retails for a shade less. Consider, as others have pointed out, how much the SCAR goes for, the ACR goes for just under that, upper-echelon AR's go for above that, piston AR's tend to go for above that. Plus you have an Israeli tried-and-true weapon with a ten year field history in one of the most inhospitable environments and no small measure of hype.

I dunno, I think it'll sell.

-Cheers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The bottom line for all the haters, is that whether you like the weapon or not another rifle on the market is a good thing. It means more choices for the consumer and the antis aren't winning.

I just bought an AUG A3 from Pete so it will be awhile before I buy another gun...but I want

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bondmid003 View Post
    I just bought an AUG A3 from Pete so it will be awhile before I buy another gun...but I want
    The AUG A3 is the one i want next. Hopefully we can get it approved for export/import...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never been a big fan of bullpups, but this is one I will have to get my hands on . Can't wait for it to come to market.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. It is exciting to see these rifles are going to be available here. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    Don't have a Tavor but do shoot a FS2000. I'm thinking recoil impulse has a lot more to do with total weight and bolt carrier weight, not so much the piston design. The bullet is already gone by the time the bolt carrier is moving anyway.

My wife's light AR has a sharper recoil pulse than the FS2000, which is about .5lb heavier.

H
    Well, in a long stroke piston, the piston is attatched to the bolt carrier. I think that everything being equal, a bullpup should have a bit less felt recoil than a traditional design since it's tend to have better balance.

So I would love a comparison between bullpups, would be interesting to compare the blowback of Famas, short stroke of the FN and long stroke of Tavor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Well, in a long stroke piston, the piston is attatched to the bolt carrier. I think that everything being equal, a bullpup should have a bit less felt recoil than a traditional design since it's tend to have better balance.

So I would love a comparison between bullpups, would be interesting to compare the blowback of Famas, short stroke of the FN and long stroke of Tavor.
    It always seemed to me that the FAMAS had the best gas system design possible for a bullpup, it was like the bullpup equivelent of a G3. I'm not sure why nobody has used either gas system since.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Well I see a future Bullpup comparison for TacTV;

Steyr AUG
    SA 80
    FAMAS
    F 2000
    Tavor

This may be a show for season three - who knows?

I've got 4 of the 5 - waiting for one.....

LAV

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast