Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    How does that work with shorter than 16" barrels? the assembly in the video looks like it just makes it out to the FH before it comes up and off the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Curse this damn economy.

I need about 4 of them. But with my business currently in "duck and cover" mode it's gonna be awhile before I even buy one.
    I just bought a AUG CQC and now I want one of these as well, just not in the cards.
    Last edited by 148259; 12-01-12 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    LongHunter, are you talking about removing the handguard? You can definitely seperate the two arms of the reciever from the handguard earlier than I do in the video, I just like to get well out from under the rail.

However I've been told by other Canadian Tavor owners that installing the 14" CTAR barrel was a huge pain in the ass that took them the better part of an hour to do the first time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinGunMP5 View Post
    Fugly.

No chance I'll ever buy it unless it was extremely fun to shoot.
    Funny...people said that about the M16 when it was introduced too. It's a wonder it's survived this long.

Personally I like it...a lot. Although $1900 is a bit steep. Get it down to around $1k and I'd be interested.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    A 16" FDE model is definately in my future.

I'm not a huge fan of bull pups. While I live in a state where I could register a SBR, I live I. The SW part of a Tri-State region. I often cross state lines just to get from point A to point B. I am under the impression that taking an SBR out of state is a no-go.

If the production model is GTG and they keep the street price under $1,900, I see these selling well. Especially for those who can't register an SBR, or for those who don't want the hassle.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I can't wait to own one for myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Funny...people said that about the M16 when it was introduced too. It's a wonder it's survived this long.

Personally I like it...a lot. Although $1900 is a bit steep. Get it down to around $1k and I'd be interested.
    Don't hold your breath. New rifles will stay near $2K for a very long time. I doubt that you will ever see it go below $1.5K.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Lol you guys are spoiled! I got a smoking deal paying $1800 for mine. In Canada they retail for $2700-$3400 depending on when you bought which model!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Lol you guys are spoiled! I got a smoking deal paying $1800 for mine. In Canada they retail for $2700-$3400 depending on when you bought which model!!
    There's no way the Tavor would sell for that much in the US. They would end up being priced too much out of their competition. I think the "cool" factor would run out with the average buyers when they realize they can find an AR15 for less than $1k.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Feedback Score
    Part of the reason it pulls a price like that in Canada is because we can't hunt or carry our AR-15s to anywhere but Govt Approved ranges.

Being unregistered and bullpup makes the Tavor pretty damn desirable.

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast