Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keller View Post
    Can the left handed bolt installed be configured with charging handle on left side of the rifle?
    Yes. In fact, you have to switch the charging handle and rail to the left side with the left hand bolt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ??? Every photo I have seen shows a right handed configured gun with the charging handle on the left side, and a left handed configured gun with charging handle on the right side. So theres no confusion Im talking about charging handle on same side as ejection. I haven't seen this definitively answered.
    B5 Systems, Inc. Owner - I can be contacted at mark@b5systems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From what I remember of the Tavor armorer's manual the CH placement is independent of the ejection side.

H

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Great questions Keller. I'm suddenly tempted to flip the rail and charging handle on my Tavor to fascilitate a better light mount. I don't use my inforce unless its the IR output with an NVD because its mounted in a less than ideal positon :P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Just something to tide you over while you wait. 15" CTAR restricted version in Canada with suppressor.

And the non-restricted 18.5" version. This one is kind of unique, as it features a short factory raised with integrated flip-up rear BUIS (noticeably lighter than the full-length rail version). This has a lower aluminum rail from Zahal that mounts to the hand guard.

How do you like the eotech vs the Elcan on it? I have an old MARS sight I will use buy may get a eothingy, as its much quicker and lighter than the mars.

Feedback Score
    That's funny Turretgunner. I'm trying to get rid of my eotech so I can buy a Mepro21 or a MARs to try back on my Tavor!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    How do you like the eotech vs the Elcan on it? I have an old MARS sight I will use buy may get a eothingy, as its much quicker and lighter than the mars.
    Really like them both, which is why I've gone with a different optic setup on the two Tavors I own. The EOTech is noticeably lighter, though - but seems well-suited to the first generation/fixed BUIS CTAR model.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Really like them both, which is why I've gone with a different optic setup on the two Tavors I own. The EOTech is noticeably lighter, though - but seems well-suited to the first generation/fixed BUIS CTAR model.
    Do you need a riser or a higher mount to get a good cheek weld with the eotech? How much face movement can you get away with and still shoot accuratley?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Do you need a riser or a higher mount to get a good cheek weld with the eotech? How much face movement can you get away with and still shoot accuratley?
    The EOTech on the CTAR is using a Canadian aftermarket rail about 1/4" shorter than the factory one sporting the Elcan Spectre DR, and I find it gives an excellent cheek weld along with almost perfect cowitness with the fixed BUIS (the key for me is a model with the buttons on the side). Quite a bit, actually - but the ergonomics and LOP are near-perfect for me.

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast