Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keller View Post
    Can the left handed bolt installed be configured with charging handle on left side of the rifle?
    Yes, it is possible.

Feedback Score
    I just got my IWI US Tavor - left handed FDE Version for an upcoming TacTV episode . I played with it a lot today and I really like the fact they put limited travel QD sling swivel attachment points on it versus the original IWI design

Barring anything unforeseen I think it is the best Bullpup I have ever handled and it seems like with practice it is even switch shoulder capable without a lot of problems

It is extremely compact and has excellent controls - it is the first Bullpup I have ever handled that I would even consider using over an M4 carbine; it has a lot of potential

The best new assault rifle I have handled in a very long time

My recommendation ; get one as soon as you can afford it

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    I just got my IWI US Tavor - left handed FDE Version for an upcoming TacTV episode . I played with it a lot today and I really like the fact they put limited travel QD sling swivel attachment points on it versus the original IWI design

Barring anything unforeseen I think it is the best Bullpup I have ever handled and it seems like with practice it is even switch shoulder capable without a lot of problems

It is extremely compact and has excellent controls - it is the first Bullpup I have ever handled that I would even consider using over an M4 carbine; it has a lot of potential

The best new assault rifle I have handled in a very long time

My recommendation ; get one as soon as you can afford it
    Thanks you for your recommendation. Now the question is where can i find a lefty, they are vapor ware at this time.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    wow........ Could not get a better recommendation than that.

It sure is upsetting that my palm reader told me I will lose mine in a tragic boating accident as soon as it arrives from copes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Mcarthy
    I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is- I believe it's the shoulder thing that goes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialmonagamist
    There's no need to shoot a bear over a bluff charge, for the same reason you don't shoot every douchebag you see in a Tapout shirt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Thanks you for your recommendation. Now the question is where can i find a lefty, they are vapor ware at this time.
    Your going to need about $5+ Grand or wait a few years.

Preorder boat sailed a LONG time ago.
    And they are not vaporware. There are racks of them, and they are shipping out starting tommrow.
    Last edited by TurretGunner; 03-19-13 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I know what new rifle I will be buying once all this AWB hysteria has passed.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

The gun is set up to be completely ambidextrous.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just curious to see numbers and delivery times.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, where is the BUIS on the IDF Israeli Guns, or do they even use them?

How do you clean the barrel? Please don't tell me you have to go in through the damn muzzle.

How do they account for smaller or larger stature soldiers with regard to LOP? Do they have different thickness butt pads?

Looks like a superb modern platform that will sell and keep Folks from having to deal with SBR & the resultant hassle factor- the restrictions on travel with the permission slip, worries about confiscation at a later date, ect. Lots of downside with respect to SBR IMO.

Feedback Score
    Sign up with some place like Atlantic Firearms, either for a lefty or aright and then get a lefty-bolt. Click on the model of your choice, add to cart, and then it will say they are not in stock HOWEVER will let you sign up for email notification when they have some in stock:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp...ion=com_search

Everything other than the bolt is totally ambidextrous, and if you use 5.56 it's a little hotter than .223 and shoots it forward a bit. The brass deflector bounces them forward enough where it seems to barely touch your face w/ .223. It's about as good as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    So, where is the BUIS on the IDF Israeli Guns, or do they even use them?
    They are still integrated. Check out TVPress-Pass' post in this thread:
    http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.htm...80158&page=110

How do you clean the barrel? Please don't tell me you have to go in through the damn muzzle.

How do they account for smaller or larger stature soldiers with regard to LOP? Do they have different thickness butt pads?
    I'd ask somebody like TVPress-Pass, Tim from Military Arms Channel, or Larry Vickers, or maybe one or more of them will post here. Until then, here's the Tavor Armourer's Manual:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/29008594/T...rmourer-Manual

Looks like a superb modern platform that will sell and keep Folks from having to deal with SBR & the resultant hassle factor- the restrictions on travel with the permission slip, worries about confiscation at a later date, ect. Lots of downside with respect to SBR IMO.
    Ditto.

-Cheers

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast