Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Now is your chance as the first one has hit Gunbroker. Here it is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=333862335
    Sweet... althought FDE would be better....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ick View Post
    Sweet... althought FDE would be better....
    So would getting it for retail costs. Unless you're racing some sort of ban, I do not get overpaying to that extent to get something that is being introduced into the market and that, if you wait a little big, you can get for ~MSRP.

-Cheers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
    Unless you're racing some sort of ban, I do not get overpaying to that extent to get something that is being introduced into the market and that, if you wait a little big, you can get for ~MSRP.
    +1
    I predict these will be $1500 in a year. Then I'll throw down my dough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    +1
    I second that motion. Best to wait... although I will say this: is an extra $1,000 really that big of a deal for something you are passionate about and want to acquire?

For example, I was at a sporting event and beverages were selling for $7. I could wait just a short time until after the game and purchase the same beverage outside the event at half the cost.

Might be not financially sound but I was thirsty, the beverage was what I wanted, and it was handy.

Same thing here. I understand why guys are buying it at a higher price. Their reasons are clear to me... for I recognize their familiar desire to just do it.

I don't fault them for it or call them fools, I rejoice in the free market that allows the prices to match demand.
    Last edited by Ick; 03-27-13 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    I second that motion. Best to wait... although I will say this: is an extra $1,000 really that big of a deal for something you are passionate about and want to acquire?

For example, I was at a sporting event and beverages were selling for $7. I could wait just a short time until after the game and purchase the same beverage outside the event at half the cost.

Might be not financially sound but I was thirsty, the beverage was what I wanted, and it was handy.

Same thing here. I understand why guys are buying it at a higher price. Their reasons are clear to me... for I recognize their familiar desire to just do it.

I don't fault them for it or call them fools, I rejoice in the free market that allows the prices to match demand.
    Did you just compare the purchase of a $2000+ rifle with a $7 drink? One is about 5% of the US mean salary and the other is less than 0.02%. You must be one of those evil 1-percenters.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Did you just compare the purchase of a $2000+ rifle with a $7 drink? One is about 5% of the US mean salary and the other is less than 0.02%. You must be one of those evil 1-percenters.
    lol. I think of it this way.....

The purchase habits of a middle income couple with kids is quite different than, say, a young professional couple that works all the time... with no kids.

Their purchase and buying habits SHOULD be different. Affording a $1,000 "mistake" is not really relative to income, it is more relative to other SPENDING.

Lets say, for example, someone was wise enough a few years ago to avoid buying-in on the idea of purchasing "the most expensive house and cars that we can possibly afford".

Furthermore, some families smoke 5 packs a week = $1,800 a year.
    ...so if someone, instead, buys one overpriced rifle per year... they would still be better off.

I guess that is why it is a free country.
    Last edited by Ick; 03-27-13 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    +1
    I can completely understand waiting for prices to level out before buying. I just don't think you will ever find one for $1,500. That is like waiting for the $1,500 ACR (people said the same when they came out). I think you may be able to get one for around $1,800 or so in a year, but not likely any cheaper.

When the OBR was first released, the Larue group buy was $2,500 and look at prices now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    I can completely understand waiting for prices to level out before buying. I just don't think you will ever find one for $1,500. That is like waiting for the $1,500 ACR (people said the same when they came out). I think you may be able to get one for around $1,800 or so in a year, but not likely any cheaper.

When the OBR was first released, the Larue group buy was $2,500 and look at prices now.
    Yeah, I think a 25% drop in price is a shade too optimistic.

[snip]

Is it that big of a deal? To some, maybe most, no. To me, it actually is a bit. I'm one of those married-with-two-kids types, so $1k can go kind of a long way. If I am being perfectly honest, that is not the real reason.

The reason I think it is a big deal is I am paying somebody for being opportunistic and upcharging dramatically over MSRP, and for what? For the opportunity of having something a relatively short amount of time sooner than I would have gotten it in the first place? Perhaps for up to (or over) double MSRP, so if I had waited I could have gotten two of them for the same money.

It may just be me and my quirks, however that does not sit well with me.

-Cheers

Feedback Score
    I'd take the bet the gun's won't be $1500 within a year

I personally don't see that happening

Could be wrong but we shall see

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1
    How long have RFB's and SCAR17's been out? How much do they cost?

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast