Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    +1
    I predict these will be $1500 in a year. Then I'll throw down my dough.

Not going to happen.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    OK guys, mark you calendars. We'll see in a year.

I passed on an FS2000 because I couldn't justify spending $2000. The price eventually worked its way down to $1425, so I bought one. Sig556's were going for $1500+. They eventually went down to $900. The market overall is really pumped up. It's going to come down significantly. It's all about supply and demand. Once everyone who has to have one gets one, they really have to cut the price to pull in new buyers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    OK guys, mark you calendars. We'll see in a year.

I passed on an FS2000 because I couldn't justify spending $2000. The price eventually worked its way down to $1425, so I bought one. Sig556's were going for $1500+. They eventually went down to $900. The market overall is really pumped up. It's going to come down significantly. It's all about supply and demand. Once everyone who has to have one gets one, they really have to cut the price to pull in new buyers.
    All true, but the dems have went all in for gun control and will stay at it hard through 2014. I think they will fail, but I think their efforts will keep prices inflated for a longer period than after the 2008 elections.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    How long have RFB's and SCAR17's been out? How much do they cost?
    SCAR 17's were never meant to come below 2K though. Bad comparison IMHO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedcomrade View Post
    All true, but the dems have went all in for gun control and will stay at it hard through 2014. I think they will fail, but I think their efforts will keep prices inflated for a longer period than after the 2008 elections.
    Don't worry, Hillary will git-er-dun when she wins in 2016.
    Last edited by Ick; 03-28-13 at 07:57.

Feedback Score
    FS2000's were $2K from about 2006-2011, it took 5 years for them to drop to the $1,500 level, it was not in a year. Then they bounced back to $2K+ in the last few months

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BullittBoy View Post
    FS2000's were $2K from about 2006-2011, it took 5 years for them to drop to the $1,500 level, it was not in a year. Then they bounced back to $2K+ in the last few months

Considering that no one really wanted a FS200, it was a proof-of-concept novelty gun that FN couldnt sell on the military market. No one really wanted one and those that do, are just collectors.

The Tavor is a battle proven rifle, which is argubly the best 5.56 carbine since the M4.

I would not plan on seeing sub 2K Tavors on the secondary market for a LONG time. If anything, the price will go up as demand has already shownits not going to come close to supply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Considering that no one really wanted a FS200, it was a proof-of-concept novelty gun that FN couldnt sell on the military market. No one really wanted one and those that do, are just collectors.

The Tavor is a battle proven rifle, which is argubly the best 5.56 carbine since the M4.

I would not plan on seeing sub 2K Tavors on the secondary market for a LONG time. If anything, the price will go up as demand has already shownits not going to come close to supply.
    I have to respectfully disagree with almost all that statement. The FS2000 is no "novelty gun". Many people did want one and most that have them, like them very much. Those that aren't willing to put in the effort to adjust to the different operational procedures will likely be unhappy with any bullpup, including the Tavor. Those stuck in the narrow "AR or nothing" mode won't like the FS or Tavor. Those that define a rifles effectiveness based on looks alone will never enjoy the merits of the Tavor, AUG or FS2000.

FN does have "some" military contracts for the F2000. Is it going to compete with the M4 for a US contract? Nope. Neither will any other bullpup. The US doesn't seem interested in changing to much of anything different at the moment. Even platforms that are clearly better than the M4 have little to no chance of going forward with a large contract it seems. We will see though.

Back to the FS. Love it or hate it, it's a good rifle that has its place and does its job quite well. As far as bullpups go I prefer it to my AUG to be honest but like both rifles immensely. My FS has taken a beating and been flawless. Charging handle durability being my only complaint. Mine has been fine however. $1500 Tavors? Don't know when or if we'll ever see that. Maybe, maybe not. They will surely fly off the shelf at $1900 though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntrician View Post
    FN does have "some" military contracts for the F2000. Is it going to compete with the M4 for a US contract? Nope. Neither will any other bullpup. The US doesn't seem interested in changing to much of anything different at the moment. Even platforms that are clearly better than the M4 have little to no chance of going forward with a large contract it seems. We will see though.
    The most recent purchase for military use of the F2000 that I can remember? Libya. I will see if I can find it...

I even recall seeing a F2000 in the background during a news broadcast.
    Last edited by Ick; 04-01-13 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/...pons-in-libya/

It all began with this man, in Benghazi, holding a weapon with odd, easily recognizable features: the F.N. 303, a launcher designed by the Belgian company Fabrique Nationale de Herstal and shipped in 2009. The launcher was part of a deal between F.N. Herstal and the Libyan government in May 2008. The Belgian arms factory agreed to sell, along with the 2,000 F.N. 303’s, 367 F2000 automatic rifles, 367 P90 submachine guns, 367 Five Seven pistols, 30 Minimi machine guns, 22,032 40-millimeter grenades for the F2000s, 50 Renaissance pistols and 1.1 million rounds of ammunition. All in all, a deal worth more than 12 million euros, or almost $16 million at current exchange rates.
    TAVOR will be sold for a minimum of $2,000 in a year, however, I am betting it is more likely that the current prices on TAVORs will stand and you won't see a drop.

Variables that could impact things greatly: Rifle ban, market uncovering a design flaw not previously known, a significant conflict or war, partial economic collapse, or the rapture.
    Last edited by Ick; 04-01-13 at 07:46.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast