Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No way that this gun stays @ 3K+ if there is no ban, you are talking about OBR/SCAR 17 prices for a 556 bullpup? Not saying it isn't a decent gun but to say that the current gunbroker prices are sustainable is a bit premature. I'll still take another SR-15 over one of these @ 2K.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    +1
    I predict these will be $1500 in a year. Then I'll throw down my dough.
    Never going to happen. I know what Distr. price is and that price is below it.

I think the best you could ever hope for is $1700 +.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    OK guys, mark you calendars. We'll see in a year.

I passed on an FS2000 because I couldn't justify spending $2000. The price eventually worked its way down to $1425, so I bought one. Sig556's were going for $1500+. They eventually went down to $900. The market overall is really pumped up. It's going to come down significantly. It's all about supply and demand. Once everyone who has to have one gets one, they really have to cut the price to pull in new buyers.
    It worked its way "down" because:

1. FN lowered their prices.
    2. FN packaged this gun up with SCAR's and popular pistols so the dealer could make his money and then offload the FS2k for cheap.

Understand that this scenario is TOTALLY different that how IWI is setup.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 04-01-13 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    Grant, you know more about the ins and outs of the business than I do. Still, IWI will have to make a decision once their sales start to decline, sell less or lower the price. Of course other factors like foreign contracts play a big roll in this too, so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grant, you know more about the ins and outs of the business than I do. Still, IWI will have to make a decision once their sales start to decline, sell less or lower the price. Of course other factors like foreign contracts play a big roll in this too, so we'll see.
    IWI is looking at the BEST bullpup on the market (hands down). On top of this, there are 9mm and 5.45 options for it (three guns in one if you will).
    Couple this with the fact that the retail price of $2k is VERY reasonable.

IMHO, the only way you will see them come down in price is if the dealer is short on cash or the distributor cuts discounts to the dealers. This commonly takes years to play out and wouldn't expect it for at least the rest of Obama's term.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do not see them being able to meet demand for YEARS, unless they start making 5000+ rifles a month.

This is going to be the rifle to own in the near future. It may even replace the M4 in some applications and be a viable carbine to be used for heavy use. It is one of the best designed personal weapons in a LONG time. The modularity and the easy of strip down beats even the M4.

If anything, you will see scar16/xcr/aug prices start to drop because around the 2k price, this will own the market.

Feedback Score
    Wow, that is a pretty bold claim.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    I do not see them being able to meet demand for YEARS, unless they start making 5000+ rifles a month.

This is going to be the rifle to own in the near future. It may even replace the M4 in some applications and be a viable carbine to be used for heavy use. It is one of the best designed personal weapons in a LONG time. The modularity and the easy of strip down beats even the M4.

If anything, you will see scar16/xcr/aug prices start to drop because around the 2k price, this will own the market.

It appears to be a nice gun, but own the market? I don't see this thing even overtaking the scar in popularity, let alone owning the market.

Feedback Score
    The question is.... will the developers make it the go-to gun in the new Call of Duty?

That is the true test of a rifle to reveal if it will pave the way of the future.

Feedback Score

$1500 FS2000's were made with different parts. Ctxt

Quote Originally Posted by BullittBoy View Post
    FS2000's were $2K from about 2006-2011, it took 5 years for them to drop to the $1,500 level, it was not in a year. Then they bounced back to $2K+ in the last few months
    The $1400/$1500 FS2000's were made with "military contract overrun" parts FN wanted to get rid of. The difference were primarily in the bolt carrier finish or something like that.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000/...curse-not.html

There is a better thread on that website explaining the $1500 price but I'm too lazy to look for it.

To be fair, guys with 9000-series guns say they run just as good, but who knows in the long run.

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast