Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNog View Post

It appears to be a nice gun, but own the market? I don't see this thing even overtaking the scar in popularity, let alone owning the market.
    Yes , it will own the non AR market. Like I said, the others like AUG/FS/SCAR/XCR/ACR/ect will not be able to compete with this rifle, at this price point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    The $1400/$1500 FS2000's were made with "military contract overrun" parts FN wanted to get rid of. The difference were primarily in the bolt carrier finish or something like that.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000/...curse-not.html

There is a better thread on that website explaining the $1500 price but I'm too lazy to look for it.

To be fair, guys with 9000-series guns say they run just as good, but who knows in the long run.
    It was more like, we can't sell these pieces of shit, so we will blow them out below dist price.

On top of that, we will require anyone wanting to buy FN guns, to buy a whole dealer package with FS/P90 as well, or we wont sell you high demand items like SCARS and FN SPR's.
    Last edited by TurretGunner; 04-02-13 at 17:31.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    IWI is looking at the BEST bullpup on the market (hands down). On top of this, there are 9mm and 5.45 options for it (three guns in one if you will).
    Couple this with the fact that the retail price of $2k is VERY reasonable.

IMHO, the only way you will see them come down in price is if the dealer is short on cash or the distributor cuts discounts to the dealers. This commonly takes years to play out and wouldn't expect it for at least the rest of Obama's term.

C4
    What makes it better than an AUG, which also has caliber and barrel change options?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Yes , it will own the non AR market. Like I said, the others like AUG/FS/SCAR/XCR/ACR/ect will not be able to compete with this rifle, at this price point.
    And you're basing this on...?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    What makes it better than an AUG, which also has caliber and barrel change options?
    1. Price
    2. Ergo's
    3. Trigger
    4. Parts availability (in the very near future)

C4

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    So basically I need one. Im hoping where im a lefty they will be slightly easier to get a hold of. Grant are you getting any in?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-02-13 at 19:57.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    So basically I need one. Im hoping where im a lefty they will be slightly easier to get a hold of. Grant are you getting any in?
    We only got a couple in. Have a bunch on order though.

C4

Feedback Score

C4
    Do you have a waiting list?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Do you have a waiting list?

C4
    Very good question. Either way you'll be getting my money in either a Tavor or BCM A4 rifle.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    This is going to be the rifle to own in the near future. It may even replace the M4 in some applications and be a viable carbine to be used for heavy use. It is one of the best designed personal weapons in a LONG time. The modularity and the easy of strip down beats even the M4.

If anything, you will see scar16/xcr/aug prices start to drop because around the 2k price, this will own the market.
    At the same price as an M4, things may turn out like you say. At twice the price, there's no way. It may end up being a much better weapon, but government budgets simply won't allow for that much of a difference save for specialized use.

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast