Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Yes , it will own the non AR market. Like I said, the others like AUG/FS/SCAR/XCR/ACR/ect will not be able to compete with this rifle, at this price point.
    What experience do you have with the Tavor?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    What experience do you have with the Tavor?
    Are you intimating that only someone who has used the AUG, FS, SCAR, XCR, ACR, and Tavor in real-world settings is capable of making a prognostication as to the market viability of all these guns?

I would think user buzz, marketing strategy and budgets, seeding samples with noted writers, etc, would have more bearing on ultimate market acceptance than a single person's individual experiences, no matter how deep.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Are you intimating that only someone who has used the AUG, FS, SCAR, XCR, ACR, and Tavor in real-world settings is capable of making a prognostication as to the market viability of all these guns?

I would think user buzz, marketing strategy and budgets, seeding samples with noted writers, etc, would have more bearing on ultimate market acceptance than a single person's individual experiences, no matter how deep.
    English "What experience do you have with the Tavor?"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    English "What experience do you have with the Tavor?"
    None. Nada. Zip.

But my comment wasn't about technical features, usability, ergonomics, suitability for a given intended use, durability, reliability or any other -ity. Just a broader observation that market forces work in aggregate and watching how potential customers are reacting to and talking about a new product can be a useful data point.

Ultimately, this is thread drift in a technical forum, so I'll apologize to the members here and go back to reading.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    I got to shoot the new Tavor last week. Very interesting rifle.
    I was not the biggest fan of the trigger, but I assume that with a little more time you could easily master it. Having said that I DID shoot it will.

Last edited by 96 SS; 04-03-13 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post

The trouble is:

1. We don't really have a lot of info on how well it has worked in Israeli service. I'm sure this info is out there.

2. We don't have info about this new US produced version and how it has done once it gets to high round counts.

There have been situations in the past where licensed copies of guns made in other countries did not run as well as the original. I'm not suggesting this is the case here. We've had recognized experts like Larry Vickers giving their initial impression. Most of us put a lot of weight in his first impression, but we still don't have info on how the US version performs with higher round counts.

I'm not saying that the gun is good or bad. I'm saying that at this point it is too early to tell. I'm interested to hear more info as the gun gets used more.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 04-03-13 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    96 SS, what was the rigger like? What would you compare it to?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Sold out, but already under $2000!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    $1999, OOS now . . . that was quick.

They're already north of $2500 on GB.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 04-03-13 at 20:34.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast