Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill.D View Post
    96 SS, what was the rigger like? What would you compare it to?
    Somewhat like a mix of a DAO pistol and a revolver, but a bit mushy at first.

Overall much better than an AUG, a lot more feel.

Feedback Score
    I can't be the only one who thinks Keltech everytime I see the Tavor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinGunMP5 View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks Keltech everytime I see the Tavor.
    It's slightly less ugly than a Keltec and lacks their trademark "everything is held together by screws!" look.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    My bad. I only have one picture of it, so far. I will try to get some better pics over the weekend.
    Any chance you had an opportunity to take it out and put some rounds through it?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Hi Vip3r, I was able to go shooting Sunday with the Tavor, and couple friends were nice enough to bring additional guns to compare. Luckily one buddy has a sweet little MK18 for size comparison.

First pic compared to a DD MK18 w/ stock collapsed

Lastly, anybody want a sniper Tavor?

Sadly, I did not have enough time to try for groups at 100. I just put my R-1 on top, which was nearly dead on at 50 yds from the start. The gun shot great with zero malfunctions in 90 rounds, low on ammo.

This was not a detailed outing, just wanted to put some rounds down range. I did apply a few drops of Slip 2000 to the bolt before shooting.

We had metal targets set at 60, 130 and 160 yards and I was able to hit any of them, while standing and steady, with the Tavor. I am a lefty shooter and have a right-hand model, with plans to get the LH bolt. I was hit with ejected brass below my lip when my head was in position to see through my aimpoint. This was while shooting PMC x-tac 62gr. I really had to back off if I wanted to avoid brass to the face.

I will say that the recoil is a bit snappier than what I am use to, BCM 16" LW with H2 buffer & battlecomp. The Tavor seemed to come off target more easily between shots where my other AR was more controllable (had less muzzle movement). I think more range time will help cure muzzle control.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 04-24-13 at 10:21.

Feedback Score
    I will say that the recoil is a bit snappier than what I am use to, BCM 16" LW with H2 buffer & battlecomp. The Tavor seemed to come off target more easily between shots where my other AR was more controllable (had less muzzle movement). I think more range time will help cure muzzle control.
    Sounds like you are thinking the difference is from lack of familarity with the TAVOR rather than design differences? I guess we will know when you get more time.

Thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Damn that looks good, I'm glad you had the comparison photo with the MK18, that really sells how short the Tavor is.

As far as the recoil goes, look up the Israeli 6 point of contact method for holding the Tavor. I've heard this make a very stable platform when shooting and may help with the recoil.

Either way i cant wait to get ahold of one to call my own. I just wish I would stop getting sniped on Gunbroker trying to get one...
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-10-13 at 18:17.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ick View Post
    Sounds like you are thinking the difference is from lack of familarity with the TAVOR rather than design differences? I guess we will know when you get more time.

Thanks for the update.
    The difference in recoil impulse could very well be due to the reciprocating mass of the bolt/piston assembly or other characteristic. I am not a seasoned enough shooter to say it is the gun and not me. Until I can put more rounds down range, I will say it is me.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Damn that looks good, I'm glad you had the comparison photo with the MK18, that really sells how short the Tavor is.

As far as the recoil goes, look up the Israeli 6 point of contact method for holding the Tavor. I've heard this make a very stable platform when shooting and may help with the recoil.

Either way i cant wait to get ahold of one to call my own. I just wish I would stop getting sniped on Gunbroker trying to get one...
    Yeah, that thing is a shorty! It is less than an inch shorter than that MK18 which is surprising, to me.

I will look further into the 6 point of contact method. I did happen to watch MAC's review and he demonstrated just that. When I tried to emulate it, it just felt weird. Although, I am 6'2" with ape-arms which could contribute to the feel.

I say try a reliable distributor to get a hold of one and don't play the gunbroker games, maybe Grant can hook you up. It is a great gun, just don't get taken for one.

Feedback Score

Sadly, I did not have enough time to try for groups at 100. I just put my R-1 on top, which was nearly dead on at 50 yds from the start.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.
    Could it be the battlecomp that is making the difference?

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast