Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    I just think it's great the people are working to make available things like this and the Steyr AUG. I don't think there will be a problem selling the Tavor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    i highly doubt many people will add this to their collection for $1900
    I highly doubt you are correct.

How many people own more than one $1000+ AR?
    How many people own $1500+ AR's?
    How many people own multiple $500+ pistols?
    How many people own 5.56 rifles with a $2000+ cost?

Now add optics, accessories, and stamps to the above guns and you can easily hit $3,000+ for a single AR.

This isn't even including the cost of large caliber semi autos or quality bolt guns...

You talk about adding this to a collection, this IS a rifle to add to a collection.

If you decide to add an umarex pistol to your "collection" instead of this, great... that means more availability for the rest of us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STG77 View Post
    I highly doubt you are correct.

How many people own more than one $1000+ AR?
    How many people own $1500+ AR's?
    How many people own multiple $500+ pistols?
    How many people own 5.56 rifles with a $2000+ cost?

Now add optics, accessories, and stamps to the above guns and you can easily hit $3,000+ for a single AR.

This isn't even including the cost of large caliber semi autos or quality bolt guns...

You talk about adding this to a collection, this IS a rifle to add to a collection.

If you decide to add an umarex pistol to your "collection" instead of this, great... that means more availability for the rest of us.
    I agree. This is a great price point. Would I like it to be cheaper? Of course. But it is not going to happen. A Tavor is definitely in my future. It is a must have addition to my reference collection.

I suspect they will sell every Tavor they can produce.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 09-30-12 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I agree. This is a great price point.
    Most of us paid in excess of $3,000USD in Canada for ours. Lead times from the time we ordered were about 6 months, it took almost a year for IWI to release a modified bolt - and replacement parts are not easy to source.

I'm not saying there's not a lot to like with a $1,900USD price tag and being nationally-manufactured, just that there's an awful lot to like.

The Tavor isn't for everyone - it's either a "love it" or "hate it" kind of impression, and AR purists are usually the worst when it comes to finding fault and nitpicking. However, if you love black rifles and the fun of trying out new toys - this is truly one to add to your collection.

Feedback Score
    I shot one last week in Canada and I like it; it is a Bullpup of course and the USA is not the most Bullpup friendly country but from the limited time I had with one I would say it is one of the best of its type on the market today

Looking forward to seeing them here in the states

LAV

Feedback Score
    I like the looks of the Tavor, I think it will sell, especially if the price comes down a little. I have seen pics of the IDF model and I think I saw a fold into the hand guard bipod. I am probably wrong. I will be eagerly reading the first user reports here in the US.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Should have the 18" barrel. This is going to be another screwed up assault rifle on the US market, that is going to follow all the SCAR, ACR, SG556, HK MR556, Beryl, etc
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-30-12 at 18:54.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Should have the 18" barrel. This is going to be another screwed up assault rifle on the US market, that is going to follow all the SCAR, ACR, SG556, HK MR556, Beryl, etc
    Have you ever considered going into grief counseling or suicide prevention work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The 18.5" barrel isn't anywhere near as accurate as the shorter 15" CTAR version that we also have. Take that for what it's worth, but the 16" is probably a good choice for the US version.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    i highly doubt many people will add this to their collection for $1900
    I doubt your understanding of the firearms industry and niche markets.

As far as the Tavor goes, I really hope this actually makes it across the finish line in its current form and price point. I have my doubts, but am hopeful that I am wrong. It looks like it could be an outstanding pup at a great price. If proven reliable, it would make an excellent truck gun with a Micro, SF and VCAS on it.

I don't know a lot about bullpups, but in my experience they do offer a very compact shooting package without sacrificing barrel length. It does look like achieving an ambi WML solution might be difficult... MA, any thoughts on that?

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast