Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazorpazorp View Post
    You would keep it at 16? No way, that's got a date with a Form 1 and a hacksaw.
    If I did that I would of course get it done professionally. Even at 16" though, its still shorter than a 10" AR.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Even at 16" though, its still shorter than a 10" AR.
    but it could be SHORTER!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazorpazorp View Post
    but it could be SHORTER!
    It could be. That is the beauty of a bullpup though, all the performance, not the size.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up an FDE16 over the weekend and slapped a VXR Patrol Firedot on the rifle. I'm pretty sure this isn't its final configuration and I'll use the VXR on another rifle as it is a bit large for such a compact package but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I took it to the range to sight it in and ended up putting 100 rounds of 75gr Hornady hand loads. The thing cycled flawlessly and shot roughly 1.5 - 2 MOA in my hands.

The one consistent issue I had was the bolt not locking back on the last round using the Gen 3 windowed pmag that shipped with the rifle. I'll need to figure out what is going on there before I call it good.

I'm really impressed with the size, weight and handling of the rifle. The ergonomics are truly incredible and it is a very soft shooter. I did the trigger spring mod which brought the trigger down to a reasonable pull weight so it is really no longer an issue.

All in all I am quite pleased, just hoping to get that bolt lock back issue resolved. Didn't have another magazine to try as I was only planning to sight it in that day.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-16-15 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just want an X95. Is that too much to ask?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    All in all I am quite pleased, just hoping to get that bolt lock back issue resolved. Didn't have another magazine to try as I was only planning to sight it in that day.
    Was this happening when shooting from a bench or from prone? I've had it happen when I didn't pay attention to how I supported the butt of the gun and basically had the bolt catch lever blocked with my hand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krichbaum View Post
    Was this happening when shooting from a bench or from prone? I've had it happen when I didn't pay attention to how I supported the butt of the gun and basically had the bolt catch lever blocked with my hand.
    Bench shooting. Good suggestion and I will look at that on my next trip.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So, should I assume the Geissele Tavor trigger won't work in the X95?

Feedback Score
    I'm fairly sure the Geissele hammer pack won't work in a full auto Tavor or the X95.
    I believe I read that there were changes made to get it imported.
    I held an X95 earlier this year. To be honest I prefer the feel of the Tavor. But I've put a couple thousand rounds thru mine so I maybe prejudice.

Feedback Score
    I came across one of these in my local BX this week. It's a black 16" model. Of course, it's been bastardized to comply with CA law. I am very tempted to add it to the collection, and then swap out the useless 5" flash hider and bullet button when I move to a free state.

They want $2200, though. That's dumb.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast