Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: The US IWI Tavor (pics)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I came across one of these in my local BX this week. It's a black 16" model. Of course, it's been bastardized to comply with CA law. I am very tempted to add it to the collection, and then swap out the useless 5" flash hider and bullet button when I move to a free state.

They want $2200, though. That's dumb.
    Yeah that is way too high.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You can always get dealers dumping inventory for a loss now and then. The average price on GB seems to be around $1650 as a whole.
    You aren't far off though!
    C4
    CDNN has some for $1,400 now. I think we have some of that inventory dumping going on.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So, should I assume the Geissele Tavor trigger won't work in the X95?
    Since the X95 trigger pack will work in the SAR, it would stand to reason that the Geissele would work fine in the X95. I know several people have confirmed this.

Feedback Score
    This tests my memory a bit, but prior to the release of the X95, IWI worked with the aftermarket trigger folks on modifying their triggers so they would work in either the Tavor or X95. The only modification was a small relief cut in the housing body, of that part I'm sure because I sent mine back and the relief cut was made.

So if you have an aftermarket trigger and have the Tavor and are getting an X95 one, I'm jealous, two you can contact the trigger maker and send it in for the modification. Mine was done at no charge.

There's more details on this on the Bullpup forum.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    This tests my memory a bit, but prior to the release of the X95, IWI worked with the aftermarket trigger folks on modifying their triggers so they would work in either the Tavor or X95. The only modification was a small relief cut in the housing body, of that part I'm sure because I sent mine back and the relief cut was made.

So if you have an aftermarket trigger and have the Tavor and are getting an X95 one, I'm jealous, two you can contact the trigger maker and send it in for the modification. Mine was done at no charge.

There's more details on this on the Bullpup forum.
    The standard Tavor trigger pack does take some tweaking to fit and work perfectly into the first Gen X95's. The new model Super Sabra works in everything
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The standard Tavor trigger pack does take some tweaking to fit and work perfectly into the first Gen X95's. The new model Super Sabra works in everything
    Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I do recall now the trigger makers saying going forward they were making them compatible with either rifle
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    FYI, Tavor prices are still trending down. I just bought a new 9mm from gunprime.com for $1281 delivered including my dealers FFL fee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    FYI, Tavor prices are still trending down. I just bought a new 9mm from gunprime.com for $1281 delivered including my dealers FFL fee.
    That's a great Price, is it possible to order for some parts along with it ?

Feedback Score
    No, they were not offering parts that I could find. It arrived at my dealer today, so I was able to get it after work. I think that's my fastest internet gun purchase. Interestingly, the box had the hand written date 6/24/16 on it. Perhaps that explains why they're selling them at such a historically low price. I wonder if the 9mm Tavor is going to be discontinued. IWI discontinued the Tavor IDF model which worked out pretty well for me because that's the one I have.

Feedback Score
    I thought that I got a bargain. How about $1050 delivered?
    https://smga.com/p-130656-iwi-tavor-...ounds-fde.aspx
    Makes you wonder why they're now selling for such a low price.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast