Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Well, I have three J-frames again...gonna be hard to break this one...
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Well, ran 15 magnums through my 340pd this morning along with 15 38s. Was accurate with them all but the 357 are stout for sure!!! After the first 5 I'd get through two before feeling the pain. Love this snubbie, it's perfect!!!
    The CT-405s take another 25% of the sting out of it. You can get good deals on the bay. Red is all you need.

EDIT: Make sure and check the screw holding the cylinder release button every now and then. The PD340s are notorious for coming loose. A little blue locktite and you're GTG if that happens.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 02-10-18 at 19:28.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Greg, that's sweet! What model???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Well, ran 15 magnums through my 340pd this morning along with 15 38s. Was accurate with them all but the 357 are stout for sure!!! After the first 5 I'd get through two before feeling the pain. Love this snubbie, it's perfect!!!
    Well there ya go. Glad it & you shot well together. And yeah, 357s aren't going to be your range-buddy-rounds, but good to know the feel of it and that you don't need to be concerned / worrried about using them for self defense, should the need ever arise to light them off
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It’s a 640 Pro. I went ahead and swapped on some laser grips.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Thanks. I'm going to go have a look at one of those. Great... Just when I thought I was content. ;-)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Great looking gun! Let us know how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sweet 640 Greg!!! I'll be checking out those ct grips for sure, and help on the recoil is a plus. I've got 158 gr magnums in it now, not scared but prepared. Lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have carried all kinds of crap in the last 20 years. I have settled on glocks (though I kept a few sentimental Sigs- 226 X2, SP2022 and a 232) and K frame Smiths. My 66-4 is fun!
    I don't see myself going ONLY wheelgun if I am not forced to somehow (legally, financially, medically.) I searched the thread and didn't see where anyone had linked to revolverguy.com, Justin Carroll or his articles on why he went from a semi-auto guy to a revolver mostly/only guy.

I get what he is going for with this: https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...er-efficiency/

Feedback Score
    Well, I have three J-frames again...gonna be hard to break this one...
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I had a 60-9 pre-lock .357 that was the double action/single action variant of that revolver. Customized with moonclips and such. I must have ran 7K rounds of .357 158 grainers through it. Absolutely awesome little revolver. I later switched to a 36 and 37 respectively because I am a little more accurate with the .38's for close range.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-16-18 at 15:41.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051