Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    I love my J Frame

Carry my 442-1 (approx 2500) more often now

but this K-LCR has 6500+ (stopped counting but I put it around 6800) on the clock now. All 357 and 38+P. Only breakage was the trigger pin dust cover as depicted in this photo which cracked when I dropped it from my gimped up hand.

In the event anyone is curious, the factory boot grip was modified with a dremel to add slight finger grooves and change contour then stippled by me and some grip tape added for good measure to help me get a grip on it when I broke my hand and was shooting through recovery.....
    Last edited by ericb; 06-15-17 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That S&W looks good. Nice contrast between the bluing and the dark wood grips.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a late model 37 pre lock recently and it has the factory bobbed hammer.

Very nice little carry gun for sure.

7n6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I picked up a late model 37 pre lock recently and it has the factory bobbed hammer.

Very nice little carry gun for sure.

7n6
    Nice, a classic SW as well.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well, M4C (specifically this thread) just made me spend more money. Picked up a new 442 (no lock) over the weekend. My first revolver. Haven't got to shoot it yet but have done a fair amount of dry firing with it (with snap caps) and got a couple of speed strips to get a feel for reloading. This will most likely end up serving as a pocket gun while doing yard work, around the house, etc when I dont want to wear a belt/holster for my 19 or 43. But may end up being a weak side BUG for the 19 or 43. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Well, M4C (specifically this thread) just made me spend more money. Picked up a new 442 (no lock) over the weekend. My first revolver. Haven't got to shoot it yet but have done a fair amount of dry firing with it (with snap caps) and got a couple of speed strips to get a feel for reloading. This will most likely end up serving as a pocket gun while doing yard work, around the house, etc when I dont want to wear a belt/holster for my 19 or 43. But may end up being a weak side BUG for the 19 or 43. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots!
    Congrats Brother ... every man needs at least one proper snubbie, and your choice is a classic, just now modernized for light weight. Great that you found it as a no lock. Welcome to the 'Revolver Brotherhood!'
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Bogart, Congrats. You found a classic. Better yet, a practical classic. Carry with confidence.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Still haven't got to shoot the new snubbie yet but been dry firing it a good bit. I think I remember seeing somewhere in the previous 40 pages where someone mentioned seeing sparks coming from the firing pin when dry firing their gun. I've noticed this with mine but it is sporadic. And also, I've only dry fired it with snap caps if that makes any difference. Is this anything abnormal or that I need to be concerned about?

Feedback Score
    I've seen threads on this too, on other forums and yes, some have contacted SW and they say not to sweat it.

Just stands to reason that metal parts hitting each other will create a spark now & then

Good measure to always use the snap caps

Shoot the thing already"!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I'm really leaning towards that M&P PD 340 super light weight. No, I do not plan to shoot magnums, but at barely 12 ounces, it will make a great pocket BUG.
    Do it. I was fortunate to find someone having a fire sale and bought a new M&P340 for $550 with 150rds of Hornady Crit Def ammo. I promptly sold off the ammo (prefer Speer 135gr Short Barrel) and had a 340 for $450.

Great, light J-frame and a front night sight too. I have a no lock 442 which is great as well, but the 340 is perfect (aside from the IL on mine, which was removed).

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast